We take you into the kitchens of one of Mumbai’s celebrity dining spots the Butler & The Bayleaf whose chef will teach us how to prepare their signature dishes the Ghost Galauti Kebabs & The Spicey Guava Arugula Salad
GHOST GALOUTI KEBAB
Mutton : 200 gms
Fat : 50 gms
Raw papaya paste : 2 tbsp
Brown onion & cashewnut paste : 2 tbsp
Yellow chilli powder : 1 tsp
Salt : As per taste
Garam masala : 1 tsp
Galawat masala : 1 tsp
Ghee : 1.5 tsbp
Ittar : few drops
Kewra : few drops
Coal : For smoking
1. In a bowl mix the minced mutton, raw papaya paste & the fat and keep it on the side for sometime to tender the meat.
2. Transfer the meat to a plate & add the salt, yellow chilli powder, garam masala, galawat masala, brown onion, fried cashewnut paste, ghee, kewra & ittar and masssage the meat for 10-15 mins till the flavours are properly mixed in the meat.
3. Take a bowl & add a piece of burnt coal, add some ghee on top and cover it with a bowl & smoke the meat.
4. After a few minutes once again massage the meat and let it rest for sometime.
5. Heat a non stick pan, add some desi ghee & add the shaped galauti to it and cook.
6. Once the galautis are cooked from both the sides serve hot.
Spicey Guava Argula Salad
Arugala : 250 gms
Pomegranate : 100 gms
Guava : 150 gms cut into cubes
Malta : 3 nos
Pickled onion : 1 tsp
Roasted saunf : 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds : 1 tsp
Honey glazed almonds : 4 nos
Aavla : 10 gms cut into slivers
Chaat masala : a pinch
Blueberries : 3 nos
Chaat masala : 1/2 tsp
Salt : As per taste
1. In a mixing bowl add the arugala, pomegranate, guava, malta, pickled onion, salt, chaat masala and give it a mix.
2. In a blender add the pomegranate seeds, honey, kasundi, Balsamic vinegar, salt and give it a blend till all the ingredients are properly mixed.
3. Check for tasting and then add the salad to the serving bowl and garnish it with roasted almond slivers, blueberries, poppy seeds & roasted fennel/saunf.
4. Add the dressing on top of the salad, give it a mix & serve.