1. Gir National Park is home to the majestic Asiatic lions.
2. Most national parks in India offer tiger spotting. Gir is the only Indian national park that specialises in lion spotting.
3. The national park is also known as Sasan Gir.
4. Gir National Park has close to 350 lions.
5. Apart from lions, the forest is also inhabited by leopards, jackals, hyenas and foxes.
6. Gir is a deciduous teak forest with rich flora.
7. Some noteworthy attractions near Gir include Uparkot Fort, Somnath Temple and Zamzeer Waterfall.
8. The forest has cottages, resorts and safari camps.
9. Jeep safari packages are available on the national park's official website.
10. The jungles of Gir can give Africa vibes in India.