We visit different shrines and every temple offers a special prasad.
But some temples in India offer non-vegetarian prasad!
1. Muniyandi Swami Temple, Tamil Nadu This temple offers Chicken or Mutton biryani as prasad.
2. Tarkulha Devi Temple, Uttar Pradesh Here mutton meat cooked in earthern pots is served as prasad
3. Kalighat Temple, West Bengal Goats are sacrificed here and meat is given as prasad.
4. Vimala Temple, Orissa Here fish is served as prasad from the Markanda tank in the temple.
5. Parassinik Kadavu Temple, Kerala Here fish and toddy is served to Lord Mutthapan, the main deity.
6. Kamakhya Temple, Assam Fish and meat is served at this sacred temple in Assam.
7. Dakshineshwar Kali Temple, West Bengal Known as one of the Shaktipeeths, this temple serves fish as prasad.