1. Jaggery is a good alternative to sugar, but too much of it might also lead to diabetes.
2. It can cause digestion issues.
3. It might worsen symptoms of rheumatic arthritis.
4. It might increase your body weight.
5. In rare cases, jaggery can cause allergies too, leading to nausea, runny nose, etc.
6. Raw jaggery that's not processed properly can cause parasitic infection.
7. It might lead to inflammation.
8. It can cause gut disease.
However, jaggery in limited quantities is considered helpful.
Patients with certain illnesses like arthritis and ulcerative colitis should avoid jaggery.