1. Tomatoes are harmful to patients with kidney stones.
2. Overconsumption of tomatoes can cause acidity.
3. Tomatoes aren't good for patients with gout and joint pain.
4. Tomatoes can cause itching and allergies in some people.
5. Overeating tomatoes can lead to lycopenodermia, a condition where the skin turns orangish.
6. Lycopene in tomatoes might not be suitable for pregnant women.
7. They can aggravate urinary issues.
8. They can give heartburns.
However, a limited quantity of tomatoes can be good for health, barring people with certain health issues like kidney stones and gout.
Consult your dietician to know how you must consume the vegetable.