These 10 Hollywood Movies Were Shot In India
1. Slumdog Millionaire Who doesn't know about this movie? Slumdog Millionaire was entirely shot in the slums of Mumbai.
2. Eat Pray Love Eat Pray Love has been shot in various destinations around the world. The protagonist comes to an ashram in search of enlightenment and to find herself. All these scenes were shot in Delhi and Pataudi.
3. The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises was shot in Jodhpur. The film beautifully captures the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort.
4. Tenet Another movie by Nolan that was shot in India is Tenet. The film includes some scenes filmed in different parts of Mumbai.
5. Gandhi The movie's name clearly signifies that the movie has so many connections with India. Gandhi was extensively filmed in Bihar.
6. A Passage To India Directed by David Lean, A Passage to India was shot in different corners of India. This movie was filmed in Bihar, Bengaluru, and Jammu & Kashmir.
7. Lion Directly by Garth Davis, Lion's story is about an orphan boy getting separated from his family at a very young age and then being adopted by an Australian family. The story of his childhood was shot in Kolkata.
8. A Mighty Heart Angelina Jolie starrer A Mighty Heart was extensively shot in Maharashtra's Mumbai and Pune.
9. Life Of Pi The 2012 movie Life Of Pie starring Irrfan Khan and Tabu has so many scenes shit in Kerala and Pondicherry.
10. Zero Dark Thirty Filmed in Chandigarh, India, Zero Dark Thirty is based on the story of the manhunting of Osama Bin Laden. Though filmed in India, it was made in a way that the places looked like Abbottabad and Lahore.