Under 140 Characters
The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is returning for its 20th edition from 2nd to 10th Feb, 2019.
What Is It?
The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2019 is here to entice you with its multidisciplinary arts that highlights all forms of theater, comedy, dance, designs, food, literature, art installations and everything to give your creative a soul a kick! From 2nd to 10th Feb, be prepared to treat the artsy bone in your body with their lineup of events including Cinema, Literature, Stand-up Comedy, Drama, Music, Theatre and Heritage Walks. Not just that, there will be plenty of stalls set up for food, shopping, merchandise and decor items.
The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is celebrating Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday this year, so there will be special screenings and productions in the honour of the Father Of The Nation.
Get the full itinerary here
5 Reasons To Visit Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
1. Children Activities – Fun science shows, origami sessions, art classes, adventure games, fun with maths, 3D doodling, workshops, playground activities, puppet shows, magic shows and lots more.
2. Cinema – Special screenings of English, Hindi, Marathai, Konkani, Urdu, and Malayalam features. Apart from that, catch documentaries on various genres, participate in panel discussions and enjoy short films on Mahatma Gandhi.
3. Dance – Performances by celebrated dances in the field of Bharatnatyam, folk dance, Bhangra, Contemporary, Jazz, Manipuri, Tango, Kathak, Bachata, and Kuchipudi.
4. Food – Participate in Masterchef classes, learn how to prepare Asian affair, the best desserts, and regional cuisine. Go for the Irani Cafe walk where you’ll get to taste food from iconic Irani cafes in Kala Ghoda. On top of that, there are plenty of stalls to serve some excellent food for all the guests.
5. Literature – Get a sneak peak on various book launches, attend readings of iconic books, meet your favourite authors, attend writing workshops and participate in storytelling workshops.
The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival will also offer heritage walks, musical performances, street plays, stand-up comedy acts, theatre performances, food and shopping stalls.
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2019
Address: Across multiple locations in Mumbai
When: 2nd to 10th Feb
Find out more here