Doha’s Hamad International Airport is internationally acclaimed for its gorgeous design. Besides the fantastic architecture and infrastructure, the Qatar Duty Free here is also quite amazing. And the reason for this is that it’s home to some of the most exquisite food and beverage outlets, lounges, and retail shops that leave travellers visiting Qatar or transiting through the airport in awe of its offerings. And a great testament to their fantastic service is the fact that they have managed to win 12 awards at the FAB Awards 2023.
Qatar Duty Free Wins Big At FAB Awards 2023
🌍 Global awards:
-Louis Vuitton Lounge by Yannick Alléno has won the Airport Lounge of the Year,… pic.twitter.com/Z1HfueKxJe
— Qatar Airways (@qatarairways) September 14, 2023
Qatar duty free is riding on the waves of success, as the Airport Food & Beverage + Hospitality Awards concluded on September 13, in Bangkok. The reason for this glee is that the Duty Free at Hamad International Airport in Doha has ended up snagging 12 fantastic awards at the FAB 2023. Yes, this brilliant news was also announced by them on their official account on X (formerly Twitter) as they shared the wonderful development with their followers. Serving as a fitting recognition for the Doha-based brand, this winning is hardly surprising as the lounges at duty free, shopping experience, and the airport itself has a long track record of winning such awards.
It Has Managed To Win 12 Awards At The Event Held In Bangkok
🏆Gearing up to attend the long awaited Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) + Hospitality Conference & Awards happening in Thailand this year! 🤩 We're thrilled to share that we have 16 finalists among our restaurants and cafés such as:
Louis Vuitton Lounge, Oreo Café, Gordon Ramsay.. pic.twitter.com/xbs33PtpLE
— Qatar Duty Free (@qatardutyfree) September 11, 2023
In case you’re wondering about the awards, Qatar Duty Free won awards in the global, regional, and even highly commended categories. And if you are also curious about all the awards, the duty free has managed to earn, these include the following –
- Qatar Duty Free won Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year
- Louis Vuitton Lounge by Yannick Alléno wins Airport Food & Beverage Opening of the Year, Airport Lounge, Food & Beverage Offering of the Year & Alléno Airport Lounge of the Year
- Fendi Caffe won Airport Restaurant Design of the Year
- David Sosson won Airport Chef of the Year
- Qatar Duty Free won Airport Landside Food Hall of the Year (Middle East & Africa)
- Chapati & Karak won Airport F&B Offer Best Representing Sense of Place (Middle East & Africa)
- Oreo Café won Airport Food to Go Offer of the Year (Middle East & Africa)
- Ralph’s Coffee won Airport Coffee or Tea Shop of the Year (Middle East & Africa)
- Fendi Caffe won Airport Food & Beverage Opening of the Year (Global)
- Ralph’s Coffee won Airport Coffee or Tea Shop of the Year
This slew of awards is a testament to the fact that folks at Hamad International Airport are working tirelessly to ensure people have a memorable experience while travelling from the airport.
So, have you also been to the duty free of this airport? Let us know.
Cover Image Courtesy: dohahamadairport.com