Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation launched a great IRCTC package to some picturesque touristy destinations of India. IRCTC is taking tourists on a trip to explore Coimbatore, Coonoor, and Ooty. The primary journey of this trip will be covered by train rides and it is quite an affordable trip as you get to explore so much with hotels and travel insurance at just ₹9680.
All You Need To Know About This Exciting IRCTC Package
This IRCTC package to travel to Coimbatore, Coonoor, and Ooty is named ‘Ooty-Mudumalai Package’. This is going to be a 4 nights/ 5 days trip and it begins from Chennai Central railway station at 08:55 pm in 3A class. The first round of the trip starts on 7 July 2022 and will depart every Thursday till 28 July 2022. IRCTC is arranging a total of 4 trips under this package. Every tourist will get train tickets, hotels, travel insurance, and bus tickets included with this IRCTC package.
View this post on Instagram
Itinerary Of This 5-Days Trip:
- Day 1 starts with taking the train from the Chennai Central railway station at night. The tourists spend the night inside the train itself to reach the destination.
- On day 2, the tourists reach Mettupalayam at 06:15 am. After reaching Mettupalayam, they proceed to Ooty by road. They check into the hotel rooms after reaching Ooty. The rest of the day is all about exploring Doddabetta peak and the Tea Museum. Then they return to Ooty again and visit the Ooty lake and Botanical gardens. The day ends with an overnight stay in the queen of hills.
- Day 3 starts quite early in the morning as that day is all about visiting the famous places of movie scenes, Pykara falls, lake, and Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary. Then they proceed to Mudumalai and explore the Elephant camp and jungle ride. The day ends with returning to Ooty and an overnight stay there.
- The morning of day 4 is for the tourists to travel Ooty as they want to. At the noon, everyone will checkout from the hotel and travel to reach Coonoor. They will catch the Nilgiri Mountain Railway Train to reach their destination. Once they reach Coonoor, they will explore Sims Park, Lambs Rock, and Dolphins Nose. The next destination is Mettupalayam and they will travel by road. In the end, they will be dropped off at the Mettupalayam Railway station to catch the Nilagiri Express at 09:20 pm.
- On the early morning of day 6, they will reach the Chennai Central railway station by 6:20 am. And with this, a beautiful journey comes to an end.