Noida International Airport is one of the most advanced and modern airports in the making in India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of this project on 25 November 2021. The first phase of the international airport is going to be operational by the end of the next year, 2024. The services are going to commence with one terminal and one runway. Read on to know all its present updates.
Here Are The Progress Updates Of The Noida International Airport:
- This Greenfield airport joined hands with Amadeus and signed an agreement. Being a strategic technology partner, Amadeus is going to help co-creating digital passenger experiences. This deal is for facilitating a world-class passenger processing system (PPS), as stated in a press release. The innovative system is going to include boarding, baggage reconciliation, common-use check-in, and DigiYatra-enabled biometric capabilities.
- The airport chose Air India SATS to work on a multi-modal cargo hub at the Noida International Airport. This brand-new cargo hub is going to be an excellent addition to enhance convenient and intermodal connectivity between the manufacturing hubs in India.
- As of now, the passenger terminal has been developed to the first floor.
- About 5,000 workers are working right now to bring the project to action soon.
- The next couple of months are about to see a major transformation. Over 25 establishments such as an air traffic control tower, office blocks, passenger terminal, sewage and water treatment plants, and a lot more are coming up.
The Airport To Work With SITA
Noida International Airport chose the airport management system of SITA. This step has been taken for improved and enhanced operations and also be a major boost for the collaborative decision-making process. This Airport Management System is going to play a major role in managing and streamlining the operations of the airport. Also, this system is set to support and coordinate the functions of the airport according to its integrated approach. The priority is to improve the efficiency to serve passengers and airlines.
The construction is going on in full swing and will soon be ready to commence operations. Are you ready to plan your journey here?
Cover Image Courtesy: Press release