Mumbaikars, we have important news for you. An area of the City of Dreams will be having no vehicular movement for a straight year. And to avoid any traffic issues, the Mumbai traffic police have shared all the diversions already. Dadar metro railway station is undergoing some construction and development. This process can turn out to be a problem for the traffic between Lt. Anna Tipnis Chowk and Gadkari Chowk. And to avoid the occurrence of any problems with transportation and vehicles on the roads, the Mumbai Police has diverted the route.
The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited Will Work On This
The new diversions are coming into action from 29 March 2023 and will continue for a whole year. These diversions will be followed till 23 March 2024. The long time will be taken to work on the underground Dadar metro station. The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited is constructing this metro project and will be working on Metro Line 3 and Project 4, according to a report by Times Now News.
These Are The New Diversions For The Metro Construction:
- There will be no traffic movement on the northbound of Gokhale road from Gadkari Chowk to Lt. Anna Tipnis Chowk. Another important point to note here is that the southbound of this area will stay open. Commuters can use their vehicles here.
- The northbound and southbound will become a complete No Parking area for the upcoming 24 hours.
- No vehicular movement will be allowed on Ranade Road to visit near the Steelman Junction from the Senapati Bapat statue. It will stay as a one-way road from now onwards. Only vehicles from Steelman Junction will be allowed to reach the Senapati Bapat statue.
- If you are planning to go near the northbound of Gokhale road from the Portuguese Church, the diversion states you to turn left from Lt. Anna Tipnis Chowk. Then go along Ranade Road, Dadasaheb Rege Road, and Gadkari Junction. Then you can travel to the place you want to visit.
- If you are coming towards the Dadar T.T., then turn left from Lt. Anna Tipnis Chowk. From there, proceed along Ranade Road, then Paneri Junction, and then again take a left turn to the NC Kelkar Road – Kotwal Garden. From there, move to the Dadar TT.
Share this story with Mumbaikars!
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons