A Student In Tamil Nadu Passes Away After Falling Into Boiling Rasam; Here’s What Happened

by Tejashee Kashyap
A Student In Tamil Nadu Passes Away After Falling Into Boiling Rasam; Here’s What Happened

Our days are full of bizarre happenings all around and in one such unfortunate incident, a 21-year-old man lost his life after he accidentally fell into a cauldron of hot rasam. However, the incidents raised eyebrows and speculations over the internet. But, how did the accident happen?

Man Passes Away After Falling Into Boiling Rasam

Image credits: Wikimedia Commons

According to the local police, the incident took place in the neighbouring Tiruvallur district of Tamil Nadu. The victim was a final year BCA student at a private college in Korukkupet and was working part-time with a wedding caterer. When the incident took place, it left the guests all stunned.

The victim happened to be a caterer who was serving food to guests at a wedding function last week. Some guests recalled that he was walking past the boiling cauldron of rasam while serving food to them when he slipped and fell into the vessel.  When the incident took place, he was swiftly rescued and taken to a primary healthcare clinic in Minjur.

From there, he was shifted to the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, where he succumbed to severe burn injuries. He died on Sunday without responding to treatment. Now, a case has been registered under Section 174 of the CrPC (unnatural death) and an investigation is underway.

Such Accidents Can Happen Anytime

Accidents like these accidents can occur anywhere, at any time, and to anyone, and can be really tragic.

Last year in Madurai, a three-year-old boy, who sustained burn injuries died in a similar way. He accidentally fell into a pot of boiling curry at his home.  The accident took place when the boy’s mother S Azhagumeenal removed the hot pot from the stove and kept it aside and moved to do some household chores. And the little boy fell into the tub of hot, boiling curry.

Credits: Wikimedia Commons

The boy was playing at home, accidentally fell into the tub. He suffered burn injuries all over his body, except his head. The kid was immediately rushed to the hospital. However, after battling for a week, the little boy passed away.

Also Read: Swiggy Delivery Boy Works Barefoot After Accident; Netizens Unite To Help Him

There was also similar news last year. At the time of ‘Aadi Velli’, an important festival celebrated across Tamil Nadu where porridge is cooked and distributed to the public in honour of Goddess Amman,  a man, identified as Muthukumar, died due to burn injuries after falling into a pot of boiling porridge. He also succumbed to death after battling injuries.

While bizarre accidents may be rare, they serve as a reminder that unexpected events can happen at any time and in any place. It is important to be aware of potential hazards and to take appropriate safety precautions to avoid injury or harm.

Cover image credits: Wikimedia Commons