You must provide a few necessary documents as part of the Schengen visa application process when applying for a visa to enter Europe. For each reason for entry into this region, the Schengen States have compiled a list of the necessary documents; these criteria are roughly the same for a stay in each. This article includes a list of the general documentation needed to apply for a Schengen visa and the specific documentation required for each visa category. Read to know more!
What Are The Types Of Schengen Visas?
1. Schengen Visa Type A
Citizens of non-Schengen nations are to transit through or wait for their connecting flight in the international terminal in a Schengen country with a type A visa. It is sometimes known as an airport transit visa.
2. Schengen Visa Type B
The type B visa with the qualifier “transit” is for trips lasting less than five days.
3. Schengen Visa Type C
- A single-entry visa entitles the bearer to one entry into the Schengen region.
- A double-entry visa entitles the holder to two entries into the Schengen region during the visa’s period of validity.
- A multiple-entry visa permits the bearer to make as many entries and exits as desired. This approval is only suitable for 90 days over 180 days.
4. National Long Stay Visa or Type D Schengen visa
The following are valid justifications for travel: vacations or personal visits, work-related endeavours to study, participation in a training programme, completion of an internship or causes related to families
What Documentation Is Needed For A Schengen Visa For Europe?
You must only submit a visa application for that country if you wish to go to just one of the Schengen nations. However, if you intend to travel to more than one Schengen nation, you must apply for a Schengen visa for Europe and specify which country will be your leading destination.
You will require the following papers to obtain a visa:
- Invitation from the host with one or more accommodation-related supporting documents.
- All travellers must complete and sign the visa application form.
- Two current passport-size photos taken within the previous three months. Each image must be 35X45 mm in size and have a matte background. 70 to 80 per cent of your face should be visible.
- A passport with a minimum validity of three months and a 10-year maximum age limit.
- Flight tickets to and from every nation.
- Detailed trip schedule.
- Proof of lodging for any hotels or Airbnb rentals you intend to book.
- Travel or health insurance that provides up to €30,000 in medical coverage
- An example of financial documentation might be a three-month bank statement. The financial sponsorship letter is required if you have a sponsor.
- Proof of status, whether employed, enrolled in school, or self-employed.
- If you are employed, you must submit an employment contract, a leave of absence request, and an income tax return.
- For self-employed individuals, copies of your business licence, your company’s most recent six-month bank statement, and your income tax return.
- For students, a copy of their student ID and a NOC from their college or university.
- For minors, a letter from the guardians that is signed will do.
Applying For A Schengen Visa From India
Applying for a Schengen visa for Europe is a straightforward process. You can act as follows:
- Visit the Schengen Embassy website to get the visa application form. Get the form here.
- After signing the form, please fill it out completely and submit it.
- Gather all the paperwork required for the visa. Send these to the visa centre along with the application for the visa.
- If you are only travelling to one nation, the visa will be obtained from the embassy or consulate of that nation.
- If you’re travelling to more than one nation, present the visa in the nation’s capital, where your stay will last the longest. And if the duration of stay in both countries is the same, then submit the visa application for the first travel country.
- Make a time to meet for the visa processing appointment.
- Present yourself for the interview and get your passport.
- The processing of the Schengen visa will require 15 working days. So have that in mind before you submit your visa application.
Also Read: By 2025, This European Country Is All Set To Be The Most Visited Country Ever
Pros Of Getting A Schengen Visa
- Obtaining this visa has advantages, including allowing travellers to visit various countries with just one visa because Schengen is a collection of 26 nations.
- Your passport only needs to be stamped once, saving you time on the administrative procedures.
Important: Every country’s visa requirements are subject to change. Therefore, please review the country’s official website before making trip arrangements to confirm Visa For Europe passport requirements.
Cover Image Courtesy: Unsplash