Delhi is one of those places in India that receives a huge inflow of tourists all year. The capital of the country is known for some of the most beautiful tourist spots. But are they all safe? In a recent incident, a Hungarian woman’s bag was snatched by men on a bike. She lost her mobile as well as ₹12,000. Here are some tips you can use to be safe in tourist places.
Bikers Snatch Hungarian Woman’s Bag In Delhi
Two motorcycle-riding males robbed a 57-year-old Hungarian national who was riding in an autorickshaw in Lodhi Colony, south Delhi, according to police on Monday. According to them, the incident happened on Sunday at 3 p.m. when the woman was traveling from Humayun’s tomb to the Hungarian embassy.
The woman’s bag, which included her mobile phone, $12,000 in cash, and bank cards, was taken as soon as the autorickshaw arrived close to Dyal Singh College, according to a senior officer. Two men riding a motorcycle approached from behind and took the woman’s bag.
She was unable to write down the motorcycle’s registration number. According to the officer, police were called to the area after receiving a complaint about the occurrence. (As per NDTV)
Be Vigilant And Take Care
Though Delhi has numerous tourist spots that one must visit on their visit to the capital city of India, you must also make sure that you keep certain things in mind.
- Be vigilant always.
- Do not take extremely crowded buses to visit these places. This is to avoid pickpocketing and harassment.
- Avoid wearing flashy jewellery or gold jewellery at such places.
- Avoid flaunting cash.
- Make sure you keep pepper spray handy everywhere.
- Avoid all the shady lanes if you are walking at night.
- Keep your belongings, like your purse and other valuables, close to you.
- Try avoiding walking back home at night, taking public transport, or opting for Uber or Ola can be better options.
Do you have any extra tips? Do share!
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.