There is no denying that the summer season is unbearable, and it is a constant struggle to survive in the scorching heat and extreme sweat. With tons of cons, this season also comes with some pros as well. At this time of year, mangoes are one of the most popular things, and mango lovers look forward to enjoying this fruit. But, do we always need to gorge on this fruit in the most basic way? You can add some zest to make some lip-smacking preparations, and that too with chicken! Celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor shared some delicious chicken recipes using mangoes and we are taking notes already!
Here Are The Appetising Chicken Recipes By The One & Only Chef Sanjeev Kapoor!
The renowned chef runs a YouTube channel by the name Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana (@sanjeevkapoorkhazana) with over 7.2 million subscribers. From the most basic dishes to gourmet options, he and his team produce the most beautiful videos for the viewers. The recipes are mostly simple and very convenient for beginners as well. We absolutely love to learn new recipes from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s YouTube channel and here are two easy-peasy chicken recipes for you!
1. Mango Butter Chicken
Who doesn’t love to gorge on butter chicken? And when it is infused with the goodness of mangoes, it is bound to be the most delicious. Here’s how the chef makes Mango Butter Chicken:
- Take 750 grams of boneless chicken leg pieces and add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and salt according to taste.
- Mix everything well and refrigerate it for about half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, take the bowl out of the fridge and add 1/2 cup of hung yogurt. Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp yellow chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, and 2 tbsp mustard oil.
- Give everything a nice mix and once again refrigerate the marinated chicken. You will need to keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, insert the pieces into skewers and grill them in a grilling pan by brushing some oil on the pan.
- Grill the chicken pieces for about 4 minutes and add some butter on top for a rich taste.
Meanwhile, start preparing the gravy.
- To make the gravy, cut 6 yellow tomatoes into small cubes (use red tomatoes if you don’t find yellow ones).
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Add 1 blade mace, 4-5 green cardamoms, 4-5 garlic cloves, tomatoes, about 8 cashew nuts, and some salt.
- Cook everything for about 2 minutes and then add 1 cup of water.
- Put a lid on the pan and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- The next step is to add 3/4 cup mango puree and 1/2 tsp chilli powder to it.
- After cooking everything for some time, take out all the hard spices such as blade mace and cardamom carefully. Transfer the cooked gravy to a blender to get a fine paste. Later sieve the paste and add it to a pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of khoya, salt according to taste, 1/4 tps roasted dried fenugreek leaves powder, and 1/4 cup fresh cream.
Once you are done with grilling the chicken and making the gravy, follow these steps.
- Add the chicken pieces to the gravy pan and cook well for about 4 minutes.
- After mixing for some time, add 2 tbsp butter and let the richness of the butter get infused beautifully.
- Lastly, drizzle 1 tbsp honey and the Mango Butter Chicken is ready to be served.
2. Hot And Sour Mango Chicken
- Take 400 gm of boneless chicken and marinate with some salt, crushed black peppercorns, 11/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, and 2 tbsp corn flour.
- Deep fry the boneless chicken pieces for some time.
- Take a separate pan and add 2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Add 2 tbsp garlic, 11/2 tbsp ginger, and 11/2 tbsp celery, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add 2 spring onion bulbs, 3 green chillies, 2 red chillies, 1/2 spring onion greens, salt, crushed black peppercorns, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp red chilli sauce, and 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce. Stir everything well and let it cook for some time.
- Then add 1/2 red capsicum, 1/2 green capsicum, 1 onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- This is the time to add the main ingredient, cubes of 1 Alphonso mango.
- After the gravy boils well, add all the chicken pieces.
- Then add 2 tbsp corn flour slurry and cook for about 2 minutes. Lastly, add 2 tsp vinegar and sprinkle some spring onion greens.
- Serve it hot in a beautiful bowl, sprinkle some toasted white sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Have you tried Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s chicken recipes before?
Cover Image Courtesy: Youtube/ Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana (@sanjeevkapoorkhazana)