The Mumbai Metro Metro Rail Corporation is coming up with new additions to several metro lines. They are currently working on a project to construct foot-over bridges and underpasses in different metro lines of the City of Dreams. There are quite a few constructions going on Mumbai metro lines such as 4, 4A, 9, and 7’s Goregaon station. Read on for all the deets about these developments.
All You Need To Know About The Construction At Mumbai Metro Lines!
The projects of foot-over bridges and underpasses that the Mumbai Metro Metro Rail Corporation is working on at the moment, will be accessible in the upcoming year. Commuters will be able to experience all the facilities and services of the metro lines from the day it becomes functional. There are more plans and projects in the pipeline as well.
Also read: Starting At ₹20, These Mumbai Metro Stations Will Now Be Offering Parking Facilities
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority has also started working on finding the source of connection to connect several lines like 4, 4A, and 9 corridors with more locations. According to a report by DNA, several consultants are working on pointing out the link between these metro corridors and more locations. There are plans to enhance frameworks and structures for this. This project by MMRDA will focus on identifying the locations to build foot-over bridges and underpasses. In fact, these consultants will help in DPR preparations too.
All You Need To Know About The Project On Metro 4:
- A 32.3 km long metro 4 corridor is getting constructed between Wadala and Kasarvadwali.
- Along with this, a new track is also coming between Gaumukh and Kasarvadavali.
More Updates On This Infrastructure Development:
- The 2A and 7 lines of the Mumbai metro can accommodate about 3 lakh commuters every day. But unfortunately, about half of this footfall is travelling on these lines. The reason behind this is a bad connection between the lines.
- The good news is that the construction for better connectivity has already started. The authorities are working on building foot-over bridges near the 2A and 7 lines.
- Goregaon Station of the metro 7 line will get foot-over bridges. This will link the line with the Ram Mandir station.
Also read: 1 Maximum City, 14 Metro Lines: All The Updates Of Mumbai Metro Lines, Their Statuses & By When Will All Finally Start
The bridge is going to be 625 metres, built on a budget of ₹57.93 crores.
Once the construction gets completed and these bridges get operational, this is surely going to be quite helpful for the Mumbaikars commuting on these lines.
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons