Goa has officially opened its border for domestic tourism only and if you’re planning a trip to the sunshine state, then here’s everything you need to know about getting there and staying in Goa. My name is Natasha Monteiro and I like to think of myself as the self-appointed expert of all things Goa. When the lockdown was officially lifted on June 8th, I decided to take a trip to Goa in COVID times and here’s everything I found out. Read on!
How To Get To Goa In COVID Times
Well, I live in Mumbai and the first thing I did was to check the Goa Gov website to see if there were any restrictions imposed on travelling or how to get to Goa. As there was nothing in particular mentioned on the website, I called the following helpline number – 08322419550. The lady on the other end was very kind and gave me all the information I needed to travel.
View this post on Instagram
Oh Goa, why you so pretty? This is at a place called Brendon's at Palolem. The food is ordinary but they have this massive Rottweiler called Skyla who is the cutest patootiest, pet hungry doggo ever. If you love dogs, don't forget to go say hi to Skyla. . . . . . . #palolem #goa #girl #color #walk #goagirl #happygirl #like4likes #smile #travelblogger #travelgram #travel #igersdaily #igersgoa #igersindia
Going To Goa By Road
If you plan a road trip to Goa, you can do one of the following things:
1. Take a COVID-19 Test in your home state, get the results declaring you and your co-passengers negative and enter Goa border within 48 hours
2. Enter Goa’s borders and take a COVID test in Goa. However, you will then have to be quarantined in a Goa government facility for 48 hours until your test results come back negative
3. Enter Goa’s borders and take a COVID test in Goa. If you have your own home in Goa, you will have to home quarantine for 48 ours until your test results are declared as negative. You will have to declare your entry to the town sarpanch and he/she will be responsible for you.
Going To Goa By Flight
If you plan a trip to Goa by air, you can do one of the following things:
1. Take a COVID-19 Test in your home state, get the results declaring you and your co-passengers negative and enter Goa within 48 hours of the test results.
2. Take a COVID test in Dabolim airport for Rs 2000. If you have your own home in Goa, you will have to home quarantine for 48 ours until your test results are declared as negative. You will have to declare your entry to the town sarpanch and he/she will be responsible for you.
Restrictions In North Goa
As of yesterday, 10th June, Section 144 has been implied in North Goa. This bars movement of all individuals for all non-essential activities between 9pm to 5am.
All shops/establishments are restricted except essentials from 9 pm to 5 am; gymnasiums, sports complexes, auditoriums/community halls, assembly halls and similar places; bars, schools-colleges-educational/training/coaching institutions will continue to remain non-functional.
In addition to these, cinema halls/theatres, swimming pools, social/political/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and other large congregations; casinos, river cruises, multiplexes, consumption of liquor in public places, entertainment parks, spa/massage parlours as well as sale and consumption of pan, gutkha and tobacco in public places are also banned.
View this post on Instagram
If i could encapsulate all my joy and present it in one picture, this would be it. Sun, sand & waves. Pretty much, life goals! . . . . . . . #ilovesherayne #sunsets #sunset_hub #orange #girl #silhouette #beachlover #beach #goa #swim #sunset_pics #igersdaily #igers #happiness #travelphotography #beachphotography #instadaily
In case, you really want to go to Goa but are just not sure if now is the right time, we’ve got a solution for you. How about a beautiful virtual tour of Goa instead. Take a look!