According to the recent announcement made by HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, businesses will resume gradually in the city, starting today. Malls, gyms, cinemas and offices have reopened with strict restrictions. In addition, some of the famous attractions in Dubai including ice rink, Ski Dubai, and the Green Planet have also opened doors to the public after two months.
Besides, go karting, observations decks and platforms, aquariums, open air shows, museums and dolphinariums have also reopened. All attractions are permitted only 50% capacity and all customers must undergo temperature check at the entrance. The Dubai Mall has announced the reopening of Reel Cinemas, Dubai Aquarium and At The Top.
— The Dubai Mall (@TheDubaiMall) May 26, 2020
Facemasks must be worn at all times as well as customers must practice social distancing. Customers exceeding group of five will not be permitted. Furthermore, none of these venues will be open for celebrations or events.
Kids under 12 and those above 60 will not be permitted to enter. Lastly, summer camps, animal interaction and arcade zones will remain closed.
On 25 May, Dubai announced reopening of gyms, malls, cinemas and other entertainment venues in the city. And now, residents who are planning to movie date have a set of rules to abide by. A stringent hygiene protocol has been set for cinema chains to reopen after two months. Among the rules that are mandatory are social distancing and wearing a facemask at all times.
Khaleej Times in a post carried a list of precautions Reel Cinemas has rolled out to ensure safety of movie-goers:
-Temperature checks are required prior to entry
-Wearing a face mask is mandatory
-Hand sanitising using the sanitisers provided
-Online tickets purchase
– Social distancing of 2 metres
– Contactless payments are encouraged
– Social distancing maintained inside the theatre
– Families are allowed to sit together (a maximum of 4 people)
-Social distancing when queuing
-Age limits stated by authorities will be applied, and staff may need to verify the age by checking Emirates ID card
-Children under 12 and adults over 60 years old will not be admitted
Other Precautionary Measures
– 30% in-cinema seating capacity
– Only disposable cutlery will be used
– Rigorous sanitisation routines will be implemented at all touchpoints
– For sanitisation and cleaning, materials which are approved by Dubai Municipality will be used
– Touchless sanitisers are placed around the cinema
– Staff will be wearing masks and gloves at all times
– Staff temperature will be checked regularly
– Staff will maintain a high level of personal hygiene
Furthermore, the group has also announced ticket prices will remain unchanged for the first round of screening which includes Bloodshot, The Invisible Man, Angrezi Medium and Bad Boys For Life.