Every time we see it drizzling outside, our mind instantly wanders towards fried snacks, especially piping hot pakodas. Even though they’re quite easy to make, we always get the guilt trip of indulging in fried food. Well, there is a way for you to enjoy the monsoon to the fullest without having to deal with the guilt later. If you feel like enjoying yummy and fresh paneer pakodas, let nothing get in your way!
Enjoy Some No-Fry Paneer Pakodas This Monsoon
View this post on Instagram
Aren’t they deep-fried, you ask? Traditionally, they are! However, the boon called an air fryer comes to your rescue this time. And yes, you will be able to eat perfectly crispy and delicious no-fry paneer pakodas. Made with a little bit of oil and protein-rich cottage cheese with hot air, this will be a perfectly healthy snack.
Popular chef, Meghna recently posted an amazing recipe for air-fried paneer pakodas on her Instagram page @meghnasfoodmagic and it has us completely drooling. While this recipe is a little different than the one for classic paneer pakodas, it is equally easy to make and most importantly, guilt-free.
Here Is The Easiest Recipe For Some Air-Fried Indulgence
So, are you ready for some serious pakodas? Start by gathering all the ingredients listed below on your kitchen counter:
- Two diced onions
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 100 gms of paneer cut into cubes
- Chopped chillies, garlic, and ginger
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- Half a teaspoon of carom seeds
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Half a teaspoon of coriander powder
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Salt and red chilli powder as per taste
- Half a cup of gram flour
- 2 tablespoons of semolina
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- A pinch of baking soda
- Oil as required
Next, follow these steps for yummy pakodas:
- Take a bowl and mix chopped onions, garlic, coriander leaves, and ginger with paneer cubes.
- Add all dry spices listed above to the mixture.
- After mixing it well, add gram flour, rice flour, and semolina to the bowl.
- Add some baking powder to the mixture and combine it well with a little water. The consistency of the mixture shouldn’t be fluid.
- Once the batter is ready, divide it into chunks and place them on greased parchment paper.
- Brush the pakodas with some oil as well.
- Set them to air fry for 18 minutes or until crispy.
- Assemble them nicely on a platter and serve with some spicy mint and coriander chutney!
Pro tip: Brush the pakodas with some more oil for 9 minutes to make them more crispy!
For some guilt-free monsoon indulgence, try this simple recipe right away!
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva