Republic Day is just around the corner, and this year India will be celebrating its 74th Republic Day. What are your plans? If you are doing nothing, why not quickly cook something special? I mean, Republic Day special. No, we are not asking you to do any tedious work like googling special recipes and creating a mess in the kitchen. From appetizer to dessert, we have all the easy recipes you need to prepare a Republic Day special spread.
Republic Day Special Spread Recipes
1. Tirangi Dhokla
Batter: Rice 1kg (soaked for 4 hours) , Urad Dal ,200 Gms (soaked for 4 hours ,Dahi 200gms
Chutney : 2 Cup Chopped Mint Leaves,1 cup Chopped Coriander,1 tbsp Lemon Juice,1 tbsp Chopped Green Chilli, 1 tbsp Ginger and Salt to taste
Fruit salt 1 teaspoon
Ginger-green chilli paste 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Tempering: Oil 2 tablespoon + for greasing, Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon, Asafoetida ½ teaspoon, and Curry leaves 8-10
- Grind together rice and urad dal with 4 cups of water in a mixer to a smooth and thick batter.
- Add dahi and whisk. Cover with a lid and let it ferment overnight.
- Add fruit salt, ginger-green chilli paste,salt, 3 tablespoon oil and mix well.Transfer it to 3 bowls
- Added one bowl green chutney 2 nd added Red chilli and tomato ketchup and 3 RD Bowl white
- Add green chutney in one bowl, Red Chilli powder in the 2nd bowl and nothing in the third one.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
- Grease 2 round steel dhokla plates oil and pour the prepared fermented batter equally into them. Place the plates in the steamer and cover. Steam for 8-10 minutes. Remove the first batch and continue the procedures.
- To prepare tempering, heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the dhoklas and spread evenly.
- Cut into squares and serve.
2. Tri Colored Vegetable Crystal Dumplings
Small cube water chestnut – 50 gm
Small cube asparagus – 35 gm
Small cube carrot – 35 gm
Black Fungus – 30 gm
Chopped Ginger – 5 gm
Chopped Chilli – 3 gm
To prepare, combine 100 gm of potato starch with boiling water and edible food colouring (green and orange) to produce a dough. Next, slice the dough into a disc with a diameter of about 3 to 3 1/2 inches, stuff it with water chestnut, asparagus, carrot, and black fungus, and steam it. Serve with fresh chilli sauce and black pepper.
3. Tirangi Pulao
Basmati rice, soaked and drained: 1 cup
For orange rice
2 tbsp Ghee, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1/4 cup Tomato & Kashmiri chilli puree, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder and Salt to taste.
For white rice
Cooked basmati rice: 1 cup
For green rice
2 tbsp Ghee, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds,1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp green chilli paste, 1/2 cup spinach puree and salt to taste
For orange rice
Heat ghee, add cumin seeds and saute till they change colour. Add ginger paste, turmeric and red chilli powder. Add the puree and rice. Add one cup of water, mix, cover till the rice is fully cooked.
For white rice
Heat ghee, add rice, 1 cup water, cover and cook
For green rice
Heat ghee, add cumin seeds and saute. Add ginger paste, green chilli paste and saute. Now add rice, spinach puree and salt. Add 1 cup water, cover and cook until rice is cooked.
Place the three colours of rice order wise and enjoy. A perfect recipe for you Republic day special spread.
4. Tiranga Paneer Tikka
Amul cream – 25 ml
Amul Butter – 25 gms
Capsicum – 40 gms
Coriander – 8 gms
Bell peppers (red yellow) (40 gms each)
Kasturi methi – 5 gms
Jeera powder – 5 gms
Garam masala – 5 gms
Mustard oil – 10 ml
Red chilly powder – 5 gms
Salt – according to taste
Cardamom powder – 5 gms
To prepare the red marination, take Kashmiri chilli paste and mix it with hung curd, mustard
oil, chat masala, black salt and salt.
For white marination, use cashew paste, amul cream, cardamom powder and white pepper
For green marination, use fresh mint and coriander leaves, garlic, green chillies, salt and
black salt. Grind them all together.
Take fresh paneer and cut it into fine cubes, chop the bell peppers and capsicum of the same size as the paneer.
Divide the paneer, bell peppers and capsicum in three parts and marinate them in different marinations. Let it set for 5-7 minutes.
After the set time, insert and set it on the tandoor skewers and cook it over the tandoor.
Serve it with cool mint chutney and masala lachha onions.
5. Tirangi Fruit Lassi
For Orange Colour
Papaya – 1/4 cup (chopped), Yogurt – 1 cup and Sugar as needed
For White Colour
Yoghurt – 1 cup and Sugar as needed
For Green Colour
Yoghurt – 1 cup, Green Grapes – 1/4 cup and Sugar as needed
- Take a blender or mixer, add the ingredients needed for orange colour lassi, ice cubes and blend well.
- Follow the same for the other two colours.
- Serve and arrange them in 3 different glasses according to the Indian Flag.
Do let us know how your Republic Day special spread was!
Cover Image Courtesy: Press release