Owing to the ongoing construction work of the much-awaited Gokhale rail-over-bridge the local train services will be impacted. To ensure that minimum inconvenience is incurred by the passengers, the block will take place on the intervening night of December 17 and 18. Be that as it may, the Western Railway has still released the list of the train services which are either partially or fully cancelled because of the work.
Full List Of Partially As Well As Fully Cancelled Train Services
The traffic repercussions will be as follows:
1. Fully Cancelled trains
1. VR92192 Virar Dept 22:18…
— DRM – Mumbai Central, WR (@drmbct) December 16, 2023
In a post on X (formerly known as Twitter), Western Railway announced that on the intervening night of December 17 and 18, a major block will be undertaken. This block will be from 1:40 AM and 4:40 AM. Following is the full list of affected train services: –
Full List Of Fully Cancelled Train Services
- Andheri to Virar departing at 4:25 AM
- Andheri to Virar departing at 4:40 AM
- Andheri to Churchgate departing at 4:05 AM
- Bandra to Borivali departing at 4:05 AM
- Borivali to Churchgate departing at 4:53 AM
- Churchgate to Andheri departing at 12:31 AM
- Vasai to Andheri departing at 12:04 AM
- Virar to Andheri departing at 10:18 PM
Full List Of Partially Cancelled Trains
- Borivali to Churchgate departing at 3:50 AM will depart from Bandra at 4:24 AM instead.
- Churchgate to Borivali departing at 1 AM will ply till Bandra only and is cancelled till Borivali.
Other Train Services That Are Impacted
- Virar train number 90018 departing at 3:45 will run slow till Andheri
Extra Train Services Provided
- Extra slow local provided between Andheri and Churchgate. It will depart from Andheri at 5:05 AM and is scheduled to arrive at Churchgate at 5:40 AM.
About Gokhale Bridge And Its Construction
Half way complete Gokhale bridge grider movement pic.twitter.com/Qe1lrneCHy
— Anuradha dwivedi (@Anu_dwivedi6) December 2, 2023
According to an article recently published by mid-day, two lanes of the Gokhale Bridge will be open to the public by February 2024. It was supposed to be completed by April 2022, however, due to delays in schedule, the completion was postponed. Part of the bridge fell way back in 2018. Since then, the public has been awaiting its completion.
90×13.5 First span ready to be pushed over railway tracks
📷Pramod kumar Yadav pic.twitter.com/Gqtlqx8o3C
— Sahil P (@Sahilinfra2) November 30, 2023
On Sunday, the girder of the Gokhale Bridge, which measures 90 metres, will be moved. The beam was launched on December 2 by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation or the BMC. At the time, it was launched towards the south side of the site. However, it must now be moved 14 metres north. This is where the pillars already stand.
How will these cancellations or delays affect your travel plans? Are you awaiting the completion of the Gokhale Bridge? Let us know in the comments section below!
Cover Image Credits: @Sahilinfra2/ X (Formerly, Twitter) and Canva Images
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and the latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.