Barbeques in Winters make everything better. The piping hot and smoky flavours are something to relish in this chilly season. But it is very important to keep safety in check to protect against any harm. You should familiarise yourself with some fundamental barbecue safety guidelines before firing up the grill. On Monday, January 10, the Dubai Municipality shared the instructions via social media. The civic organisation distributed safety instructions to help avoid fires and catastrophic injuries.
What Are Safety Guidelines For Barbecues According To The Municipality Of Dubai?
- Make sure the stove is safe before lighting the embers.
- Do not light charcoal in a confined space or indoors.
- Keep the burning stove out of the reach of children.
- Keep lighter fluid away from the stove and out of the reach of children.
- Wear heat resistant gloves and avoid wearing loose clothing near a burning stove.
- Turn off the heat when you’re done and dispose of the charcoal properly to avoid burns.
Spend a wonderful and cozy winter and enjoy a barbecue gathering with friends and family, but don’t forget to follow #DubaiMunicipality’s guidelines for a safe barbecue to prevent fire incidents. pic.twitter.com/w5luqN0H9H
— بلدية دبي | Dubai Municipality (@DMunicipality) January 9, 2022
What Is The Best Way To Dispose Of Charcoal?
The Sharjah Environmental and Protected Areas Authority (EPAA) announced instructions on how to dispose of charcoal after barbecues in December 2021.
The following are the steps you must take:
- Cool the coals with water once you’ve finished grilling.
- Wait until the charcoal has cooled.
- Place the charcoal in a separate trash bag.
- Tightly seal the waste bag and dispose of it in approved sites.
Are You Searching For A Good Barbecue Spot In Abu Dhabi?
The DMT has published a list of more than 30 public parks in Abu Dhabi. This includes approved barbeque spaces. On Thursday, January 6, the Abu Dhabi Media Office published the list on its official social media accounts. The parks may be found in Abu Dhabi’s island, the mainland, the Al Dhafra district, and the city of Al Ain.
Dubai’s Public Parks Will Have New Hours In 2022
Do you wish to enjoy a picnic in the park? In 2022, you have to follow modified hours of Dubai’s public parks and leisure areas. The announcement done of the revised hours by the city authority was on December 30, 2021.
The Dubai Municipality adjusted its working hours to reflect the new four-and-a-half-day work week. With Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday serving as the new weekend for all federal government ministries. On January 1, 2022, the new work system went into effect.