No matter how many fantastic facilities an airport boasts, one will not have a pleasant experience if the flights departing and arriving at this airport are hardly on time. After all, the reason why you are at an airport is to take off for the intended destination. And you wouldn’t want to be stuck for hours, trying to pass some time while you wait for the boarding of your flight to begin. And as it happens, Doha’s Hamad International Airport stands at the seventh position in the list of the Top 20 Most On-Time Global Airports.
Hamad International Airport Is The World’s 7th Most On-Time Airport
Yes, you read that right, Hamad International Airport snagged the seventh position on this list of the Most On-time Global Airport, with on-time departures at 83.14%. As it happens, King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia has also made it to the list by standing in the ninth position. This report was published by Cirium, an aviation analytics company that uses fleet data, travel analytics, flight information, and airline schedule to help the industry understand the future of air travel.
In case you are curious about the list, here’s a glance at the top 20 Most On-Time Global Airports –
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD)
- Kempegowda International Airport (BLR)
- El Dorado International Airport (BOG)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Haneda Airport (HND)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Hamad International Airport (DOH)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- King Khalid International Airport (RUH)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Vienna International Airport(VIE)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- Changi International Airport (SIN)
- Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Istanbul Airport (IST)
- Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Copenhagen Airport (CPH)
What About Other Rankings?
It’s worth mentioning that each month, this analytics company reviews the total number of flights for every airport globally. As it happens, Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, Jordan has also made it to the list of the Most On-Time Small Airports by snagging the ninth position. While Abu Dhabi International Airport stands at the 13th position on the list of the top 20 Most On-Time Medium Airports. Not to mention, Doha’s Hamad International Airport stands at the eighth position and King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh stands at the 10th position on the list of the Most On-Time Large Airports.
What do you think about this report?
Cover Image Courtesy: https://dohahamadairport.com/corporate/press-releases/news