The love for raw mangoes is a common sentiment shared by many people. They are an incredibly versatile fruit that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, from being eaten raw with a sprinkle of salt and chilli powder to being used in pickles, chutneys, and even drinks. And if you are craving chutneys of kachi keri, here’s an easy recipe for you by celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija.
Raw Mango Chutney Recipe By Pooja Makhija
View this post on Instagram
Chutneys made from raw mangoes are a popular condiment. Raw mango chutney is typically made by blending together raw mangoes with a variety of spices and seasonings to create a tangy and flavorful sauce that can be used as a dip or spread. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, peel and cut the raw mangoes into thin slices.
- Now, place these slices in a bowl of cold water for around 15-20 minutes.
- The first step of preparing the chutney starts by preparing a tempering of Kashmiri dried red chillies and green chillies. Now, add all of it to a blender.
- Put tempered onion slices with a little bit of salt into the mixture in the blender too.
- Add chopped garlic cloves, freshly grated coconut, curry leaves and the soaked raw mango slices into the blender to form a smooth chutney.
- After the chutney is made, you can refrigerate it for future use.
Benefits Of This Fruit
One of the main reasons people love raw mangoes is their distinct flavour, which is both tangy and sweet. Apart from their taste, they are also loved for their nutritional benefits.
- They are a rich source of Vitamin C, which helps boost immunity and protect the body against diseases.
- They are also a good source of dietary fibre, which aids in digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- They are loaded with vitamin A, which helps to maintain healthy skin by reducing the appearance of acne, blemishes, and dark spots.
- They even help to regulate blood sugar levels.
The love for raw mangoes is not surprising given their delicious taste and health benefits. Whether eaten raw or used in various recipes, they are a perfect addition to any meal.
So, if you haven’t tried them yet, go ahead and indulge in the irresistible taste of this tropical fruit.
Cover image credits: Canva