To mark the UAE’s National Day, Abu Dhabi will host the grand opening of its Sheikha Fatima Park over the long weekend. The park will start welcoming members from December 2 and 3 as part of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak’s contribution to the Golden Jubilee celebrations. The new park is inspired by the legacy of the Mother of the Nation. Spanning 46,000 square metres, people can come together in this vibrant space and enjoy healthy activities. The park on Al Bateen Street also has shops and restaurants along with a dedicated area for dogs.
Among Dubai’s favourite festivals, the Sheikh Zayed Festival will be celebrating its Year of the 50 in true larger-than-life Dubai style with grand plans. The festival will take place from November 18, 2021, to April 1, 2022. This year’s edition features thousands of recreational, educational and cultural events, all of which will be conducted with the necessary Covid-19 safety protocols in place.
The Year of the 50th Zone houses a unique art gallery featuring the UAE’s journey over the past 50 years. It also sheds light on the aspirations of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and his clear vision of building a promising future for the UAE.
What’s There For You
- Replicas of traditional neighbourhoods: The festival has replicas of traditional neighbourhoods from different nations and civilisations around the world, each reflecting the different aspects of these cultures, such as architectural heritage, markets, products and traditional aesthetics.
- Emirates Fountain: With internationally-themed water shows, daily laser displays and 3D holograms, all set to popular music, this is truly one of a kind.
- Equestrian shows: Special shows steeped in tradition showing the grace and beauty of pure-bred Arabian horses will be held.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the opening of #SheikhZayedFestival on November 18!
Experience a family-friendly atmosphere full of various entertainment and cultural activities. pic.twitter.com/stZbRJfS97
— Sheikh Zayed Festival مهرجان الشيخ زايد (@ZayedFestival) November 7, 2021
- Firework display: Spectacular fireworks will be displayed at 9pm every Friday. It will accompanied by lively music, water fountains, and featuring a laser show that entered the Book of World Records.
- Bungee jumping, zip lining, and more: Al Forsan International Sports Resort is joining the festival with a variety of exciting sports-related activities for the whole family, including karting, shooting, axe throwing, archery, driving and flight simulations, bungee jumping and trampoline, zip lines, radio controlled cars, horse arena and many more.
Also Read: Dubai Bucket List: Top 5 Things To Do In Atlantis
- Funfair City: Funfair City is a massive amusement park designed for visitors of all ages full of rides and lots of entertainment.
- Stand a chance to win prizes: Visitors will have thousands of opportunities to win valuable prizes, through its many daily competitions and draws.
- Gastronomic delights: With over 50 restaurants and food trucks that serve meals and snacks from diverse cuisines around the world to satisfy all tastes and ages, if you’re a foodie like us, you’re in for a treat, or many, and be spoilt for choice.
- Miracle Garden: Take a walk amongst an impressive collection of famous buildings and illusion structures all covered in thousands of different flowers.
- For the kids: The Majid TV cartoon entertainment shows in an area dedicated especially for their enjoyment, in addition to the Crazy Car area with its child-safe mini go-carts, to let children indulge themselves in an atmosphere of fun, joy and endless entertainment.
Under the patronage of the UAE president, the direction of Mohamed bin Zayed and the follow up on Mansour bin Zayed, the Sheikh Zayed Festival will be held in Abu Dhabi from 18 November, 2021 to 1 April 2022. pic.twitter.com/oYebiyDAWh
— مكتب أبوظبي الإعلامي (@admediaoffice) November 10, 2021
Also Read: Louvre Abu Dhabi Hosts An Array Of Events In Its New Season Ahead Of UAE’s Year Of The 50