We have often seen street dogs and cats bite, eat, or lick food items kept in open spaces. This is quite common in different corners around us. But have you ever imagined something like this in an enclosed and glammed-up place like a cinema hall or a theatre? Well, this exact thing happened recently in a private theatre in Tamil Nadu and the video is making rounds on the Internet now. What is the incident all about? Let’s find that out!
A Cat Was Spotted Eating Puffs At This Private Theatre
Nestled in the Karaikudi Makarnombu Potel area in Tamil Nadu, Sathiyan Cinemas is now the talk of the town. Just some days back, a video of its canteen began getting viral on social media. The reason behind this theatre becoming such a huge point of discussion is extremely unhygienic and shocking. In the canteen of this theatre in the Sivagangai district, a cat was eating puffs, according to a report by India Herald. A tray of some puffs was kept on the counter without any cover and the stray grabbed the chance and gorged on it.
There were many audiences who visited here to watch a movie. Among them, one recorded the video and shared it on social media. Ever since then, it has garnered a lot of traction and everyone is astonished to see such a careless attitude of people involved in maintaining and running the theatre.
Officials Banned The Canteens There
This horrifying video has not only grabbed every Netizen’s attention, but it has also reached Food Safety officials. The officials of this department were absolutely in shock to see something like this happening at this private theatre in the Karaikudi Makarnombu Potel area. The worst part of all is that the cat eating the puffs is not the only concern. After the officials raided there, they found that the canteen even sold expired food. Now, they have shut down both the canteens there and banned the selling of any sort of food items.
What do you think about this incident? Have you ever faced anything like this?
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva
Image for representation only