Chocolate : Food Of The Gods Or Poison?

by Madhusree Chatragadda
by Madhusree Chatragadda 80

Under 140 Characters

Can chocolate really be the death of us? Although very difficult, researchers say it’s possible. Consuming too much chocolate all at once can prove to be fatal , even more so for animals.

What Is It?

Made from the Cacao plant, chocolate is everyone’s guilty pleasure. It is true that eating too much chocolate can have disastrous results for our pets but when it comes to humans, well, you would have to eat an insanely large amount of chocolate in a very short span of time for it be fatal. Eighty five full sized chocolate bars to be precise!

What’s In It?

Chocolate contains a substance known as theobromine, copiously large amounts of which can tamper with the cardiovascular system which may lead to death. The tolerance to process theobromine is much lesser in animals which puts them at a greater risk of death.

The good news is that it is next to impossible for us to die of theobromine poisoning via chocolates! So indulge away people! Just keep your pets away from chocolate and you’re good to go.

Related Posts