Gurugram: 5 Friends Vomit Blood After Consuming Mouth Freshener At Cafe; Doctor Identifies It As Dry Ice

After consuming mouth fresheners at the end of their meal at Gurugram's Laforestta Cafe, five of them fell ill.

by Sanjana Shenoy
Gurugram: 5 Friends Vomit Blood After Consuming Mouth Freshener At Cafe; Doctor Identifies It As Dry Ice

The risk of a stomach upset when dining out often concerns diners. However, the risk of suffering from a severe health issue is seldom. In Gurugram, a group of friends visited a cafe in Sector 90. Five of them ended their meal with mouth freshener served by the staff at the Gurugram cafe after which they started vomiting blood. Read on to know the cause.

5 Friends In Gurugram Vomit Blood & Are Hospitalised After Eating Mouth Freshener

A report by Moneycontrol threw light on this horrific incident that happened at Gurugram’s Laforestta Cafe in Sector 90. The report states that a group of friends visited the cafe on March 2. After five of them consumed the mouth fresheners served at the cafe, they started vomiting blood and complained of cuts on their tongue. They were taken to the hospital as they instantly fell ill.

A video posted by @zeeshan__0001 on X (formerly, Twitter) shows the group writhing in pain. A woman with her mouth open, screams in discomfort. A man is seen vomiting on the floor. “Poora jal raha hai,” says the man, struggling to speak. Another woman puts ice in her mouth to soothe the burning sensations. After dinner, the server brought mouth fresheners and five of the friends had it and their health instantly deteriorated. Soon after, the five friends were taken to the hospital. 

Also Read: Gurugram To Get Leopard Park On Aravalli Stretch; Till then, Visit These 4 Parks On This Range

FIR Filed Against Laforestta Cafe For Serving Dangerous Dry Ice


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Laforestta Cafe (@laforesttacafe)

Kumar, a resident of Greater Noida lodged a complaint after suffering immensely. He stated to Moneycontrol that they didn’t know what was mixed in the mouth freshener. On having it, everyone was vomiting and had cuts in their tongues. They also suffered from a burning sensation in their mouths. Kumar stated that they didn’t know what kind of acid was given to them.

Also Read: 7 Things To Do With Your Kids In Gurugram

Later, Kumar stated that the doctors identified the mouth freshener as dry ice. This is a solid form of carbon dioxide used as a cooling agent. If not handled properly, dry ice can be extremely dangerous to human health. As it has extremely low temperatures it can cause damage to the internal organs and the skin if one comes in direct contact with it. The doctor informed Kumar that the packet of mouth freshener was actually dry ice, an acid which may also lead to death.

Four out of the five individuals have been hospitalised. An FIR has been registered under sections 328 and 120-B on Laforestta Cafe. This is a wake-up call to restaurateurs!

Cover Image Courtesy: @zeeshan__0001/X

For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and the latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.