If you have been craving international travel for a long time now, you will be delighted to know that many European countries are slowly opening up for Indian travellers. While Spain had recently opened up its borders for fully vaccinated Indians, there is one more country that’s added to the list right now! Yes, Ireland has resumed its short-stay visa processing for Indians, and here’s everything you need to know!
Is Ireland Welcoming Every Fully Vaccinated Indian?
The short-stay entry visa processing for Ireland will come into effect from September 2021. However, not all Indias will be allowed to travel right now. Only those who have been fully vaccinated with Covishield can now apply for entry visas to Ireland. Fully vaccinated Indians will also not have to quarantine upon arrival. As the government is slowly relaxing rules, the decision to resume short-stay visas comes as a huge relief.
India 🇮🇳 and Bangladesh 🇧🇩 have been removed from the list of Designated States – travellers from 🇮🇳and 🇧🇩 will no longer be required to undertake Mandatory Hotel Quarantine.
Travel rules here: https://t.co/JYKA0V6cHZ
— Irish Embassy India (@IrlEmbIndia) August 28, 2021
What Are The Travel & Quarantine Rules For Ireland Right Now?
Planning a travel to Ireland? Here’s everything you need to know:
- When you are travelling to Ireland from India, you must fill out a Passenger Locator Form before your departure.
- No test report or quarantine will be necessary if you have valid proof of vaccination.
- If you have valid proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 180 days, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you are travelling without a vaccination report, a negative RT-PCR result taken within 72 hours before arrival into Ireland is a must.
- You will also have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival if you are not vaccinated. However, you can undergo a test on the 5th day after arrival and if you test negative, you can come out of quarantine.
Some very good news for anyone planning to travel to Ireland from India. Details 👇 https://t.co/dchEQ7tp1S
— Consulate General of Ireland, Mumbai (@irelandinmumbai) September 10, 2021
The resumption of short-stay visa processing comes as welcome news for those wishing to travel to Ireland to visit family, study, or for tourism purposes.