Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw Slams Karnataka Govt For Bad Roads In Bangalore

by Sanjana Shenoy
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw Slams Karnataka Govt For Bad Roads In Bangalore

Bangaloreans! We have amazing weather, delicious food, swanky breweries, lush green gardens and infinite other reasons to absolutely love our city. But pathetic condition of roads in Bangalore has been a nuisance since time immemorial. The roads are narrow, laden with potholes and these in turn cause incessant traffic jams. Why it’s an ongoing joke that the fastest way to reach your destination is to travel on foot. Recently, Biocon executive chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw slammed the Karnataka government for bad roads in Bangalore. Read on to know more.

She Slammed Local Politicians For Pathetic Conditions Of Roads In Bangalore

One of Bangalore’s largest companies, Biocon’s executive chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw took to social media to share grievances about the terrible road condition in the city. She tweeted that she was frustrated and angry with the total lack of responsibility by the MLA, Panchayat and MP of Anekal Taluk and Huskur Gram Panchayat. She slammed the local politicians for the abominable road conditions in Bangalore. And even questioned by the government building bus depot and quarters when there are no roads to support it. She asked if anyone was listening to the woes of Bangaloreans.

Also Read: Bangalore’s New Speakeasy Has Golden Chandeliers, Jazz Music & Gives Great Gatsby Feels

Also Read: Vidyarthi Bhavan Dosa To Filter Coffee, 10 Things Only A Bangalorean Can Relate!

Goa, Telangana, Tamil Nadu Have Better Roads Than Bangalore

According to The New Express Report, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI) former president J Crasta stated his views on Bangalore roads assertively and sharply. He questioned if there was any road in Bangalore that is good. He further added that except for a few rods, none of the stretches in Bangalore is even motorable due to potholes. Crasta even alleged that 40 per cent of the cost used to build or repair roads was taken as bribes. And only the remaining 60 per cent of the cost was used to complete the project. He even stated that even Goa, Telangana, Kerala and Tamil Nadu have better roads than Karanataka.