As the sun sets and the warm summer evenings arrive, sipping a well-crafted cocktail becomes a moment of pure pleasure. Whether you prefer a tangy and zesty concoction, a sweet and tropical blend, or a crisp and herb-infused drink, summer cocktail recipes offer something for everyone. These cocktails are crafted to invigorate the senses and evoke a sense of relaxation and indulgence. With endless possibilities, here are some summer cocktail recipes that cater to a wide range of tastes and preferences. Make sure to add some vibrant colours and garnishes, such as umbrellas, fruit slices, or sprigs of mint, to add a touch of visual appeal that enhances the overall experience.
Summer Cocktail Recipes To Try
1. Jamun Cocktail
-By Varun Sudhakar, Bar and Beverage consultant, Nksha Restaurant, Mumbai
- Kala Khatta syrup – 15 ml
- Lime Juice – 15 ml
- Tequila – 50 ml
- Mint Leaf – 10 no’s
- Muddle the mint leaf and add the rest of the ingredients to the shaker.
- Add ice and shake. Double-strain the contents into a highball glass with a block of ice.
- Top up with 30 ml kombucha and mix well.
- Garnish the glass with a rim of salt and ramphal powder
2. Scottish Breakfast
-By single malt scotch whisky brand, Balvenie
- Assam-infused tea – 50ml
- Whisky – 125ml
- Spiced syrup – 25ml ( filtered water, brown sugar, maple syrup, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 star anise and pinch of salt)
- 4 dashes Olorosso
- Garnish with star anise
- Place all ingredients in a tin; hard shake with cubed ice.
- Serve in a teacup over a large rock of ice
- Now, garnish with star anise
3. Mango Spitzer
-By Gokul Kurhade, Wine Maker, Chateau Indage
- Gin – 60ml
- Fresh Mango Juice – 120ml
- White wine – 45ml
- Lime juice – 10ml
- Sugar syrup – 15ml
- Top with tonic water
- Peel the mango (½) using a sharp knife, and remove the meat of the fruit from the pit.
- Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces and make a fresh mango juice
- In a shaker, add the mentioned ingredients except tonic water with four cubes of ice.
- Shake it well, fine strain and pour it into a wine goblet glass. Give the spritzer a stir before pouring it into the glass.
- Add a dash of tonic water.
4. Paloma Margarita
-By Mexican tequila brand, Patrón Tequila
- Tequila – 60ml
- Grapefruit Cordial – 20ml
- Hot sauce – 3 dashes
- Lime Juice – 15ml
- For the grapefruit cordial, take the leftover peel, and leftover pulp from the juice.
- Now, add sugar and water in a 1:1 ratio and simmer till it forms a syrup. Bottle it.
- Shake all ingredients and pour into an Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with salt rim and grapefruit slice
Which of these summer cocktail recipes are you going to try first?
Cover image credits: Canva