The oldest masala brand, MDH is off the shelves from the US after salmonella bacteria was found in the product. US Food and Drug Administration agency has found the bacteria in MDH’s 3 batches and the affected product was distributed in Northern California retail stores.
USFDA in an official statement said, “This product was tested by FDA through a certified laboratory to be positive for salmonella,” adding that the recall was “initiated after it was discovered by the FDA that the salmonella contaminated products were distributed.” reports Network 18.
Salmonella bacteria are harmful and the consumption of it can lead to bacterial and foodborne illness. And the symptoms of which can range from diarrhea, abdominal cramping, and fever are common symptoms. These symptoms show signs between 12-72 hours of its consumption. The disease caused by bacteria is called Salmonella and the illness lasts for about a week or less.