The Shrikhand Mahadev Yatra began on 8 July 2023 officially from Sinhgad at Nirmand. The trek started with more than 1100 pilgrims on the first day. Unfortunately, we recently came across heart-wrenching news from this journey. The news of a man dying on this difficult trek comes as a shock to all of us. Along with this, 2 pilgrims are missing as well from this trekking path.
Here Are Some Shocking Updates From The Shrikhand Mahadev Yatra:
- Amar Moyade, a 33-year-old man of the Khargone district in Madhya Pradesh died on the first day of the trek.
- He lost his life close to Thachadu in the Nirmand subdivision of Kullu, according to a report by Tribune India.
- The rescue team found Amar Moyade’s body.
- At the present moment, there are no updates on the reason for this unfortunate incident.
- In another unfortunate news, 2 pilgrims went missing near Parvati Bagh on the same day.
- This group of 3 pilgrims started their trekking journey before the other pilgrims officially began the trek. They did it secretively and no one was well aware of it. Officials do not have many details about these 3 people.
- According to yesterday’s updates, the probe for the 2 missing pilgrims is underway.
This is not the only death reported on this route this year. A total of 4 people have already lost their lives here. Just some days back, a man named Heera Lal from Chayal village died here. He went to this route to add a tent for a vendor. It was on 25 June 2023 when he took his last breath in Bhimdwari.
Weather Is A Major Concern Recently!
Twitter user Weatherman Shubham (@shubhamtorres09) took to the microblogging site to share a video of the Shrikhand Mahadev Trek route.
Shrikhand Mahadev Yatra started from today but didn’t looked like good decision from authorities
With combination of Western Disturbance & Monsoon Trough, parts of Himachal Pradesh to receive Very Heavy Rainfall between 8-10th July
All treks should be stopped for next few days pic.twitter.com/n3EzAR4HCS
— Weatherman Shubham (@shubhamtorres09) July 7, 2023
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh are experiencing very heavy rainfall and reports state that there are chances of the intense rainfall to continue as well. In between such bad weather, many people are thinking trekking on this difficult route is not a wise decision considering the present weather and probable conditions.
Do you think going on the trek during such times is a good decision?
Cover Image Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons