It is always a magnificent experience to travel to a new destination and create new memories with your family. With every passing day, more and more people are exploring new places thanks to their passion for travelling. A recent report released by Airbnb shares how family travel is exponentially growing in India. In comparison to the pre-pandemic year of 2019, the post-pandemic year of 2022 witnessed a massive rise in families travelling by an extent of 90 per cent.
Here’s Why Families Are Choosing To Book Airbnb Listings:
Airbnb recently stated in a release that many families are considering Airbnb listings because of so many benefits coming along with it. The reasons behind many families choosing Airbnb listings are better and enhanced space and value in comparison to most of the hotels.
- With, the money that families spend to book a hotel room at a major chain, they can book an Airbnb with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for about the same money.
- The report states that 1/4 of Airbnb listings come with 3 bedrooms and sometimes even more rooms.
- In fact, over 1 million of these listings offer cribs for babies.
- Along with more rooms, almost 90 per cent of Airbnb listings come with kitchens too.
- In the year 2022, over 5 million pets have travelled on Airbnb listings.
These Are The Top-Booked Categories For Families
For families travelling all around India in the last year, these places are the top categories that they chose to book. The categories are:
- Lake House
- Near a beach
- Near a national park
- Tropical places
The Top 10 Destinations They Chose In 2022:
2022 was the year when travel enthusiasts could finally travel to places after a long pause because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Tourists explored both domestic and international destinations. These are the top 10 family travel destinations in India for the year 2022:
- New Delhi
The demand and fame for family travel are increasing and with this, the demand for Airbnb is seeing a rise too. People who are hosting Airbnb now get more chances to host guests and boost their earnings as well. The Airbnb report also shares that Airbnb hosts all over India, made a whopping amount of more than ₹100 crores last year. They made this combined amount by hosting guests in their Airbnb.
Have you ever booked an Airbnb rather than a hotel?
Cover Image Courtesy: Press release