Issued by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security-ICP, Emirates ID is an official identity card that has many benefits for holders. However getting one renewed was often a task for people, who are constantly travelling and are abroad most of the time. But now you don’t have to be in the UAE to renew your ID anymore.
Emirates ID Can Be Renewed From Anywhere In The World
If you are someone who is constantly travelling but has to renew your Emirates ID soon, then you need to be within the UAE anymore. The reason why we say this is because recently, in a report by Khaleej Times, it was stated that a UAE service was launched which allowed people to renew their Emirates ID Card from outside the United Arab Emirates. Yes, according to this report, there is a crucial condition to make use of this service! One must personally apply for the transaction through the dedicated Smart App. This has been done to ensure that the individual making the transaction is the rightful owner of the documents submitted.
Things To Keep In Mind While Sending Personal Photo For ID Renewal
As it happens, this report also quoted an Arabic Daily, Emarat AlYoum, wherein it was mentioned that if a request for renewal is submitted through a printing centre or through someone else, while the person is abroad, then their application will be rejected. So, if you too don’t wish to take any chances regarding the approval of your application, here are a few things to keep in mind while submitting your personal photo for the renewal of your ID.
- You must wear the official attire of the United Arab Emirates for the picture.
- There should be a head covering according to the customs and traditions.
- There must be a white background for the picture to be taken.
- You must provide a recent high-quality and coloured photo that should have been clicked within the last six months (35-40 mm).
- Your head should be straight and parallel to the camera lens.
- While clicking the picture, your face must have a neutral facial expression.
- Do keep both your eyes open and face the camera without coloured contact lenses.
- Make sure your glasses do not obstruct the eyes or cause any kind of reflection.
- The image resolution must be min. 600 dots per inch and there should be no ink marks or wrinkles.
- Do make sure to double-check the accuracy and validity of your ID numbers and expiration dates while applying for renewal or replacement.
Need to update your Emirates ID? Do keep this development in mind!
Cover Image Courtesy: https://icp.gov.ae/en/media-center (Images are for representational purposes only)