Some major visa reforms have surfaced this week from the Middle Easter region. We have compiled a list for your better understanding. So here are 4 major visa changes you need to know about.
4 Major Visa Changes You Should Know From The Middle East
1. Kuwait’s Visa Ban On Filipinos
Kuwait says ban on visas to Filipinos will continue ‘until further notice’: Official. Because “Kuwait’s dignity” – which apparently rests on the right to murder and abuse foreign workers and get angry if their countries formally complain or take action.https://t.co/HN7dkd2nyU
— Dr. Sherifa Zuhur (@SherifaZuhur) May 25, 2023
After Manila rejected Kuwait’s demands to stop future labour infractions, the interior ministry of Kuwait announced it will keep suspending the issue of any kind of permit to Filipinos. After the Philippines allegedly broke the terms of the bilateral labour agreement, Kuwait halted the issue of all work and entry permits for Filipinos.
2. Fines Regarding Emirates Visa
Here are 7 fines issued by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security.
1. An additional Dh20 is charged for every day that an ID card is delayed, up to a maximum of Dh1,000.
2. Failure to renew the identity card within 30 days of the expiration date results in a fine of Dh20 per day, up to a maximum of Dh1,000.
3. If the service user gives false information: Dh3,000
4. System users’ inaccurate input of the application costs Dh100.
5. Refusing to cooperate with or disrupting the work of staff – Dh5,000
6. Issuing visas or entry permits to a place of business that is idle costs Dh20,000.
7. A 5,000 dirham fine for system abuse
3. UAE To Inaugrate Consulate In Hyderabad, India
The decision to open a new consulate in Hyderabad by the UAE is a strategic move that showcases their commitment to meeting the growing demand for visas and bolstering business ties. This expansion not only facilitates smoother visa processing but also strengthens the UAE’s… pic.twitter.com/soku8MljNZ
— Georgia Vasiliou (@GeorgiaVasilio9) May 25, 2023
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) will open a consulate in Hyderabad. This action was taken as a result of Hyderabad’s high demand for visas, and it should be noted that many nationals of the UAE visit Hyderabad for educational and medical purposes.
4. Pakistani Businessman Can Now Avail UAE Visa At In 24 Hrs
ایف پی سی سی آئی کے ریجنل چیئرمین محمد ندیم قریشی نے لاہور رنگ(نیو نیوز میڈیا گروپ) سے گفتگو کرتے ہوئے کہاکہ موجودہ صورتحال سے بزنس کمیونٹی پریشان ہےاورفیکٹریاں بند ہو رہی ہیں۔سیاسی استحکام کے بغیر معاشی استحکام ممکن نہیں ہے۔ pic.twitter.com/DzLOnzB859
— FPCCI (@FPCCI1) May 25, 2023
The largest visa processing facility in Asia for the UAE has officially opened its Karachi Consulate, which has been hailed as a significant step towards improving both people-to-people and business-to-business ties between the two nations. Businessmen from Pakistan will begin receiving UAE visas in one working day with the bare minimum of paperwork.
We await some similar visa updates this week.
Cover Image Courtesy: