We are coming across many unfortunate news where people are suffering from food poisoning and gut health problems after eating food from different places. This time, we just got to know of an incident where an 8-year-old boy lost his life after suffering from food poisoning. This tragic incident took place in Assam. What exactly happened that led to the devastating news? Read all about this incident here.
10 Members Of A Family Fell Sick Because Of Food Poisoning
It was on Friday when members of the family started feeling sick after eating something. Some of the symptoms they faced were diarrhea and vomiting. Soon, all the family members were admitted to the Katigorah Model Hospital, according to a report by The Times of India. Iqbal Hussain, an 8-year-old boy passed away after falling terribly sick and facing the worst effects of food poisoning. The doctors of the Katigorah Model Hospital declared the boy dead.
The family resides in the Katigorah circle of the Cachar district. The other 9 members were also very sick after suffering from vomiting and food poisoning. Out of the 9 members, 4 of them, Isha Khatun, Salma Begum, Imran Hussain, and Jahid Ahmed, were next admitted to the Silchar Medical College and Hospital. The patients who had to shift to this hospital were in severe condition.
Some sources of the Silchar Medical College and Hospital shared with The Times of India that these four patients are undergoing proper treatment. Unfortunately, they are still quite in a critical stage. These health updates of the family members from the Silchar Medical College and Hospital are from Saturday.
What Did They Eat That Turned Out To Be So Scary And Harmful?
Some sources of Assam’s Karigorah Model Hospital revealed that the patients started falling sick and suffering from the symptoms and food poisoning after eating Pangas fish. They bought this fish from a nearby local market. A team of medical professionals went to the family on Saturday for some examination. They took a water sample to evaluate the hygiene of the family members.
Aftar Uddin, the father of the 8-year-old boy said that Iqbal and his mother visited her mother’s house some time back. The disheartening incident happened at Aftar’s in-laws’ home. These are all the recent updates that we know about these 10 members of the family falling sick and getting admitted to the hospital.
The passing away of the 8-year-old boy is disastrous news for the family. We cannot even imagine what they are feeling and going through. Sending our condolences to Iqbal’s family and friends.
The news of food poisoning is increasing so much these days that we often hear about such incidents either on news channels or while scrolling social media platforms. Most of the time, people fall sick, start vomiting, and start suffering from all the harsh symptoms of food poisoning after eating food from any local eatery or restaurant. The cases of such incidents are getting reported quite frequently these days and this is surely not a good indication.
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva
Image for representation
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.