Some people eat to live and foodies live to it! There is a fine line between these two groups of people and I fall in the second category. What about you? Well, one of our favourite chefs, Chef Saransh Goila lives to eat Sindhi Kadhi and Matar Wale Chawal and he recently shared recipes to cook these yummy delicacies. Let’s find out how to make them easily in our home kitchen.
Chef Saransh Goila Shared A Video To Make His Favourites; Sindhi Kadhi & Matar Wale Chawal
In this video shared on Instagram, he showed us simple steps that we can follow to cook this soul-soothing combo quite easily at our home.
View this post on Instagram
If you have all the ingredients in the kitchen, you can start cooking these delectable dishes at any time!
Recipe Of Kadhi Chawal:
- Take a large pan and add 3 tbsp oil to it. Now add 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp methi seeds, and 4 tbsp besan.
- The next step is to slow roast everything on low flame for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add about 2 litre water to the cooked besan for the kadhi.
- Next, add a mixture of 4 tomatoes puree and 1/2 inch ginger.
- Now for the veggies, take 3 potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Boil them for half an hour with 2.5 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, and 1.5 tsp red chilli powder in the previously-cooked 2 litre water.
- Now add 1/2 cup of chopped drumsticks and simmer for another half an hour.
- Cut cauliflower, ladyfingers, and taro root. Mix them with some salt and oil and pop them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes at 180c. You can even deep fry these chopped veggies.
- The next step is to add about 7-8 pieces of kokum and all the fried veggies to the kadhi.
- Cook everything for another 15 minutes.
- The next step is to add the tadka. For takda, fry 1 tsp mustard seeds, 2 pinch hing, 1 tsp chilli powder, and 10 curry leaves in 1 tbsp oil.
- Lastly, pour the tadka into your kadhi and simmer for 5 minutes.
- And following all these steps, Sindhi Kadhi is ready to be served hot.
Recipe Of Matar Wale Chawal:
- To make the rice, take a pan and add ghee to it.
- Now add jeera and peas to the heated pan.
- Stir everything for some time and add rice, salt, and water to it.
- Cook everything till the rice is boiled well.
- And simple Matar Wale Chawal is ready in just some time.
So are you giving these recipes a try?
Cover Image Courtesy: Instagram/ Saransh Goila (@saranshgoila)