Dubai is slowly resuming a normal life and it is also preparing to welcome tourists soon. Parks, beaches and restaurants in the city have reopened with strict rules in place. Similarly, hotels across the city are also prepping up to ensure visitors’ safety when they are finally open. So, what will hotels look like when they reopen? Here’s what you can expect:
1. All rooms, facilities and air-conditioning will be sterilized frequently.
2. Additional sanitization will be done in corridors and lobbies.
3. Social distancing will be the new mantra for all visitors.
4. Beach-goers were required to maintain a distance of two metres between one another
5. Only hotel guests are allowed to access the private beach property.
6. Other hotel facilities will remain closed, as reopening is set to be done in phases.
7. Restaurants will serve resident and non-resident guest, but with strict guidelines.
8. Tables are arranged 2-meters apart and take away and contactless payment will be encouraged.
“As we continuously assess the current situation and look beyond the pandemic, we will be guided by the expert advice of our public health authorities during the various stages of reopening the tourism sector with the aim of protecting Dubai’s reputation as a global city and one of the world’s safest destinations,” the Dubai Tourism official added.
In a recent move, it was announced that Dubai parks will be closed during the Eid Al Fitr holidays to prevent spread of Covid -19. The announcement comes soon after 70 parks in the city were reopened. The Dubai Municipality made the decision to prevent large gatherings.
Major parks in the city including Mushrif, Al Mamzar, Al Khor, Zabeel and Al Safa park will be closed. 70 parks in Dubai reopened on 18 May. This was part of a three-phased approach scheduled to conclude on May 25. After closing parks and other recreational activities in March, Dubai Municipality opted for a phased approach to reopen public places.
Dawoud Al Hajri, Director General of Dubai Municipality, said municipality teams disinfected 262 areas. Further, they are working to sterilize more areas in the city.