Many Bollywood stars and travel enthusiasts have been giving us major goals from the Maldives, and why not? The Maldives is one of the only international travel destinations open for Indians. But if you have been looking for more destinations to visit, there is excellent news for you. South Africa has relaxed its travel bans for Indians after a long break. All Indians can now travel to South Africa for business and leisure purposes from November 23.
Also read: South Africa Opens Up Tourism Activities
Indians Can Travel To South Africa For Leisure & Business Purposes
Indians can now send their visa applications to the nearest VFS Global Office. However, a negative COVID-19 test certificate is made mandatory to travel for all international passengers. The South African government had reopened the country borders to international tourists in October barring countries like India, USA and Germany. India Now Starts Flights To Netherlands, Tanzania & Rwanda Under Air Bubble Arrangement.
COVID-19 Travel Guidelines For Tourists
If you wish to travel to South Africa, you have to abide by these rules.
- You will need to compulsorily carry a COVID negative certificate done not more than 72 hours before flying.
- In case you are unable to provide a negative certificate as proof, you will need to self-quarantine yourself at your own cost.
- Only a few airports are operational for international flights which include Cape Town International, O.R. Tambo International, Johannesburg, and King Shaka International, Durban.
- If your journey involves passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or Central and South America, you would need to carry a yellow fever vaccination certificate as well. Here’s How ‘Air Bubbles’ Will Help Indians Travel To International Destinations.
Documents Needed To Apply For Tourist Visa
To apply for a tourist visa for South Africa, you will need to provide the following documents.
- Your passport should be valid for 30 days after the days of travelling with at least two blank pages.
- You will need to provide proof of your bank statement for three months.
- You will have to submit confirmation of your hotel booking with more details.
- Valid air tickets would also be needed for visa application.
- Copies of the passport should be provided.
- You will also need an original cover letter with the duration of travel and trip details, signed by you.
Are you ready to pack your bags to South Africa?