Dubai schools are set to reopen in September. Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) rolled out a list of ‘Protocols for the Reopening of Private Schools in Dubai’. For starters, class rotations will not be permitted and all students older than six years will have to wear a mask.
When schools reopen, students must maintain a 1.5m distance and remain in one classroom, while teachers rotate instead. A list of protocols were listed out on the khda website, ahead of the new academic year. KHDA has put in place a detailed list of 118 protocols all schools must adhere to before starting the new academic year. The list covers critical areas like entry, pick-up and school visit procedures, screening and contact tracing, physical distancing arrangements, and school buses. All Dubai schools will reopen in a model that best suits them. However, adhering to these rules is a complete.
Protocols For Reopening Of Private Schools In Dubai
1. A health and safety designated staff should be identified and assigned to handle any emergency situation, follow up and monitor the implementation of health and safety procedures, and conduct all necessary trainings for students and staff. This person is also responsible for the designated isolation room within the school premises. On another note, here’s how Restaurants Around The World Are Getting Social Distancing Right.
2. If a stable case of illness is detected amongst visitors or staff presenting COVID-19 symptoms, DHA hotline number 800342 should be contacted immediately.
3. If a child/teacher/staff begins to show symptoms of COVID-19 while at school, they must get isolated instantly, and the parent/ guardian of the child to be notified immediately and the patient should be referred to the hospital to take the necessary action. If the result is negative and there is a clinical assessment of a probable COVID-19 case, the patient should complete a 14-day quarantine. If the result is negative and there is no clinical assessment for a probable case, the child can resume schooling so long as they are symptom-free.
4. If the result is positive, the traced contacts of the patient, including teachers along with the classmates of a student, or colleagues are all considered close contacts (Anyone who spent more than 15 minutes in a proximity of 2 metres with the positive case, from the day of symptoms onset, or the day of the positive PCR test). They should all commence the 14-day quarantine counted PCR from the day of the positive test, or from the day of the onset of symptoms if ascertained by the clinician.
5. Measures for disinfection should be taken as per the guidelines, for the classroom and the school premises used by the child as traced, and the holding isolation room where the staff and students will wait for their transportation.
Rules Inside Classrooms
1. Classroom rotations are not permitted. All students must remain in a class, while teachers follow a rotational pattern. Meanwhile, did you know China Schools Use Foldable Transparent Screen To Keep Social Distance While Eating?
2. Students should be designated a chair and table and no swapping is allowed.
3. The school should encourage a paperless strategy and elevated use of technology in the educational provision to minimize contacts.
4. Student ratios will vary depending on the size of the classroom. The school will have the liberty to decide on the number of students per class as long as a safe distance of at least 1.5 metres per child or person is maintained. Check out how Chinese Students Return To School With Specially Designed Social Distancing Hats.
5. Use of soft toys and toys with intricate parts or that are otherwise hard to clean should be avoided. 72.All equipment in classrooms such as toys, books, scissors, pens, pencils, crayons, arts and crafts materials and messy play resources as well as role play and other materials should be sanitized after each and every single use where possible.
6. All classroom items should be immediately removed if sneezed on, coughed on or put in mouth. Keep a designated, clearly labeled, basket/ container for separating items that have been in children’s mouths, sneezed or coughed on, etc.. Clean and sanitize prior to returning to children’s area.
7. Students and teachers must bring their own exclusive stationary items, devices or gadgets (i.e. laptops, tablets, headphones, etc.). Student should not share their stationery. If the children need a supply of stationery, it should be done by the teacher via proper disinfection.
Will Pantries Be Open?
Vending machines, pantries and pre-packed food and beverages are allowed, on the condition that they follow necessary guidelines for the sector (only disposable containers, frequent sanitisation of machines, and pantries items, maintaining 2 metres between the tables). Contactless payments to be encouraged, yet cash payments are allowed.
All coffee stations should follow 2 metres physical distancing guidelines and queuing is avoided, no water dispenser is allowed. No buffets or other forms of gatherings are allowed.
What’s Not Allowed?
Showers and changing rooms are not permitted. On the days where students have PE lessons, they must come to school in their full PE uniform. Special events such as festivals, holiday events, special performances, and sports tournaments must be suspended until further notice. In addition, group activities such as school trips, and celebrations, should also be suspended.
PE lessons should focus on sports that do not require physical interaction; and school swimming pools will remain closed until further notice. Only one family member or guardian is allowed to enter the school facility for drop off/pick-up of his/her child.