This Arabic dessert, Kunafa is going to stir up some real sweet cravings. Prepared with rich ingredients like cream, cheese, fruits and chocolate, soaked in a yummy chocolate dessert, this Arabic dessert is heavenly. Also called, the Queen of all Arabic sweet varieties. It is also a must-try Arabic cuisine which is a people’s favourite. For you to have a better idea of prepping this dish, we will list you a fantastic and easy-peasy way to cook this delicacy. Next time, you opt for a rich flavoured dessert delicacy, Kunafa should be your go-to. Well, don’t miss out on the recipe & take a look.
Prepare A Delicious Serving Of Kunafa With Pistachios, Rosewater And More
- Begin your Kunafa dessert by assembling these ingredients – 250 gm of Kunafa dough strands, 200 gms of salted butter, 1/4 cup of pistachios, 1 cup of milk, 2 teaspoons corn flour, a little rose water, and 1/2 cup ricotta cheese. Finally, get some 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon lemon juice & 1 teaspoon rose water.
- Now, that you have all the ingredients in one place, begin by preparing your sugar syrup. For this, add the water to a saucepan, add the required amount of sugar and boil it. Bring it to a good syrupy consistency. Make sure you prepare the entire thing on a low simmer.
- Finally, as your syrup cools down, add the rose water and lemon juice to it. Do give it a good stir and keep it aside.
- Now begins your real drill. Start by preparing the filling for the dish. Here, you have to give a good boil to the milk and eventually, add corn flour. Ensure that no lumps are formed during the entire process. Remember to keep stirring for it the Kunafa filling to be of smooth consistency.
- Always remember to keep the boiling heat very low. Once the milk thickens, add the rose water and let it cool down slowly.
- Now. begin with the crust for Kunafa. To make this, separate the Kunafa strands. Break them with your hands. Take the salted butter, and melt it. Use the melted butter to coat the Kunafa dough thoroughly.
- Divide the Kunafa into equal parts. Take a baking pan, put parchment paper & coat it with butter. Now, place one portion of the Kunafa dough first, fill it with the milk custard and top it with shredded cheese.
- Now, place the second portion of the Kunafa dough on top, and top with the pistachios.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Place the Kunafa in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes.
- The top of your Kunafa pastry should look brown and crispy.
- Once it cools, pour the remaining sugar syrup and pistachio toppings.
- Don’t forget to warm it, whenever you serve this delicious, and cheesy Arabic dessert.
Would you want to give this delicious dessert a try? We are sure it will make a great dessert for all your family parties.
Cover Image Courtesy: Pixabay