Refreshments are all we think about in the summer season. From lemonade to buttermilk, we are always on the run to get another drink from the kitchen. Wouldn’t it be great if you could get iced tea from our kitchen as well? No, we are not referring to those powders for an instant glass of sugar syrup called iced tea. We are talking about indulging in authentic, restaurant-style, refreshing iced tea that you would get addicted to. Well, if that is something you would like, we have the perfect recipe for cold brew iced tea for you to try.
The Perfect Summer Tea For You
Cold brew teas can be just as amazing as cold brew coffee, provided you do it right. Surely, with our perfect recipe on your side, you will be able to satiate your thirst with a perfectly brewed glass every time. Once you master this recipe, you can also give some variations of your choice a shot.
If you think you will find it bitter, be sure that the cold brew method of preparing tea only brings out the best flavours of tea. Unlike turning hot tea into a cold one, this one method will simply keep you from having enough of it. It may seem like a lengthy process, but you can always make it in large batches.
Also Read: Netizens Attest Buttermilk Is The Addiction Of The Season. BlinkIt Has A Cheeky Quip
The Simplest Cold Brew Iced Tea Recipe
The first step in preparing a perfectly brewed iced tea is to get the right ingredients. Check out the items listed below and assemble them on your kitchen counter.
- Loose black tea or tea bags
- Slices of lemon
- A cup of granulated sugar
- A pitcher of water
- Some ice cubes
- A bunch of mint leaves
Follow these steps for a yummy batch:
- Place a large pitcher or jar on the counter. Proceed to place the tea leaves or tea bags on the bottom of your chosen container.
- Fill the container with water, cover it properly, and place it in the refrigerator. For it to brew properly, let it sit for 8-12 hours.
- Once the tea is brewed, you will notice the perfect golden colour. Make the flavour perfect by adding some sugar as required. You can also use honey, stevia, or any sweetener of your choice.
- To serve, pour the tea over a glass filled with ice and garnish with some lemon slices and mint leaves.
Pro tip: If you wish for your tea to have more lemon flavour, try using some lemon slices for an hour instead of lemon juice.
Will you be trying this cold brew iced tea recipe?
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva