Want to feel like an astronaut? How about you stay in Mumbai’s only pod hotel – the Urbanpod in Andheri East.
What Is It?
Replicating the pod hotel concept in Singapore, this space is as futuristic as it gets. Straight out’ve a sci-fi movie, the Urbanpod comes with 140 rooms errr pods that’s self-contained and most importantly completely in budget. Each pod is minimalistic and luxurious.
The Urbanpod is for the new age traveler. Someone who needs privacy, convenience and comfort. There are private pods, exclusive men-only and women-only pods as well as suite pods. The bathrooms and the kitchen are common. Each pod has air-conditioning, mood lighting, a personal locker, USB ports, Wi-Fi, dresser and a TV. What more do you need?
With a rapid increase in the number single-travellers, transit travellers, backpackers, pod hotels is clearly the need of the hour. If you are all about luxury and indulgence, this one is NOT for you.
Urban Pod is strategically located at an easy 5 km from Mumbai airport in Andheri Seepz.
It is also a great arena to network as there is a common area which works as a restaurant, lounge and a business centre.
What’s In It?
Owners Shalabh Mittal & Hiren Gandhi brought the concept to India along with their Singapore-partner, Berlin Lee. Lee brings in experience in terms of running Pods in Singapore.
The modern architectural design & interiors have been done up by renowned Architect Firm from Singapore, Formwerkz. Each pod comes with:
1. A cosy bed/ bed cover (3.5 ft X 6.5 ft)2. Personal Locker 3. Plasma TV (with headphone facility) 4. Personal reading light 5. Power socket 6. Hangers7. Dresser (Wall mirror) 8. Free Wi-Fi9. Adjustable air-conditioning facility 10. Air-purifier (for pure air circulation) 11. A sliding door (shutter) with locking-facility for added privacy 12. Smoke detector 13. Fire Extinguisher
1. Will you feel claustrophobic?
No, I did not. It has got an air purifier & an air conditioner.
2. Will you be sharing your room with others?
Yes. But you can lock your pod and enjoy privacy. There are exclusive set of pods for the ladies.
3. Do you have a private washroom?
No, each room which is shared with 11 other guests have a common washroom. But they are as clean and chic as the pods.
4. Can I eat inside the pod?
No, not allowed. You are only allowed to eat at the common area.
Where: Urbanpod, Seepz, Andheri (East) Mumbai
How Much:Rs 2,030 - Rs 2,600 per night for single occupancy (breakfast included)