Under 140 Characters
Famous for some ecstatic views of Deccan trap, Needle Hole Point is a natural rock formation with a hole & looks like an elephant’s trunk near Mahabaleshwar.
What Is It?
At a distance of 15 minutes (7 Km) from Mahabaleshwar is Needle Hole Point. A favourite amongst tourists and visitors, the beauty of the point is the rock formation due to which it gets its name. It is a sliver hole between 2 rocks giving it a structure of a needle hole and that of a standing elephant makes it a natural phenomenon and something beautiful to look for.
Oh! It has a panoramic view that shouldn’t be missed.
What’s In It?
Mahabaleshwar is a popular hill-station in Maharashtra & is also known as ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ of Maharashtra. With a number of view points in the vicinity, it is a popular weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune. One can see a natural rock formation with a hole in between, thus giving the name Needle-hole. Famous for the view of Deccan traps, which looks like an elephant’s trunk, this natural formation is a must visit for all tourists.
Mahabaleshwar is located at an elevation of 1372 meters. Popular amongst the weekenders and also the bag-packers is a weekend retreat from the chaos of the nearby cities.
Oh! Mahabaleshwar is also the strawberry producing land of the state. It is dotted with lakes, view-points, treks and also temples making it a favourite spot for most Mumbaikars and Punekars!
How To Get There?
Nearest Airport: Pune (120 Km)
Nearest Railway Station: Satara (55 Km)
MSRTC buses, private buses or vehicles are available from Mumbai/Pune/Kolhapur.
- Parsi Point, Panchgani: Offering most breath-taking of beautiful Krishna Valley. The name is said to be derived from the fact that in earlier days, this was a favourite spot of the Parsi Community.
- Sydney Point, Panchgani: Named after Sir Sidney Beckwarth (Commander in Chief & senior member of council). The point gives panoramic view of Krishna valley, Kamalgad fort, Dhom dam and Wai city.
- Mount Malcom, Panchgani: Constructed in the year 1829 for the residence of Governor John Malcom. The architecture of the structure is a must see when here.
- Panchgani Club, Panchgani: Started by a group of Parsi Gentlemen, provides facilities of indoor games and housie and is also a meeting place of the local Rotary club of Panchgani.
- Venna Lake, Mahabaleshwar: Surrounded by lush greenery, Venna Lake is one of the major attractions of Mahabaleshwar. You can also enjoy a boat rides over the lake by Venna Lake Boat Club (8.00 am to 8.00 pm) or a horse ride near the lake.
You can also subscribe to our newsletters