If you have a question, go to Reddit! The American social networking site has answers for every one of your questions and experts who are ready to answer them. Moreover, you can share space with like-minded people with their community features. One such community is ‘r/travel’ where we stumbled upon a post which compared travel tips for Seoul and Tokyo—here are the details.
Seoul VS Tokyo: Redditor Shares Travel Tips
Tokyo, the capital city of Japan, is a mix of ultra-modern and traditional architecture. The place is one of the most visited tourist destinations and offers some of Japan’s best spots. Another Asian city which is a tourist attraction is Seoul, the capital city of South Korea. The city is famous for its shopping, nightlife and K-POP! Visiting Seoul offers you a peek into the street markets, palaces, Buddhist temples and modern skyscrapers.
But if you are confused between Tokyo and Seoul and can’t decide where you should spend your holiday, this Reddit post will surely help. A Redditor shared a post which featured the final thoughts on travel tips after comparing the two cities.
7 Travel Tips
1. The first tip was regarding cost and which city is less expensive to travel to—and the answer is Seoul. The palace is relatively less expensive and a good hotel can cost between $30 and $50 USD per night. Further, food, alcohol and public transportation are all reasonably priced. However, Tokyo is pricey when it comes to transport, food, alcohol and other costs.
2. The second one is about public transit and if you can access it with ease. And here too Seoul wins, but with a slight margin. The metro system is fantastic and simple to use and the buses are also excellent. Tokyo is an amazing and intriguing city, but if you don’t speak Japanese, it can be extremely perplexing.
3. The third tip is about the weather, which states that Tokyo has rather tolerable weather while Seoul is slightly cold in winter.
4. The fourth tip is about food, where Tokyo holds the spot. The post states that food in Seoul is good but it is even better in Tokyo.
5. The fifth tip is about how foreigner-friendly the place is. Everything, including menus and signs, is multilingual in Korean and English. While English proficiency varies little across the two cities, Seoul’s is slightly higher.
6. The sixth tip is about how people are in the city and if they are friendly. Tokyo feels incredibly safe, and the Japanese people are incredibly friendly. Koreans tend to be more aloof towards outsiders, and the country can have a dubious vibe at night due to the abundance of intoxicated individuals.
7. Seventh is the nightlife of the city which states that Seoul has a better nightlife than Tokyo.
Netizens Take On The Post
A user wrote that he has visited both the cities and the observation is great.
Another user commented that Seoul is more his vibe while Japan is a nice place for family vacations.
Others have voiced their opinions and here is what they have to say:
Comment below and share your thoughts about Seoul and Tokyo.
Cover Image Courtesy: Canva & snowluvr26/ Reddit
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.