After India reopened its international borders, Dubai to Mumbai route emerged as the world’s 5th busiest in April 2022. The capacity of flights scheduled between Dubai and Mumbai is more than 218,000 seats. The Dubai to Delhi route also emerged as the ninth busiest in the world with 179,000 seats. The increase in daily flights will help meet the growing demand for these destinations for summer 2022. The UAE-India travel ban which was put in place last year was getting continuously extended each time. Now, India has scrapped the requirement for negative RT-PCR reports for passengers from UAE.
Travel Between UAE-India Returns To Pre-Pandemic Levels
Emirates, located in Dubai, has announced that from April 1, it would resume pre-pandemic flying frequency to its Indian destinations. The airline will fly to nine destinations around the country on 170 weekly trips.
This is the process of organising your trip from the United Arab Emirates to India and back. These instructions came into effect due to the most recent changes issued on the websites of Air India, Emirates, and Etihad Airways as of March 27. They may change as a result of regulatory statements made by authorities in the United Arab Emirates and India.
View this post on Instagram
Travelling To UAE
- GDRFA and ICA permissions are not mandatory for UAE citizens to go to Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- You can skip the PCR test to fly to the UAE if you hold complete vaccination against Covid-19.
- If you have a Covid-19 recovery certificate issued within 30 days of departure, you can skip the test.
- Children under the age of 16 flying to Abu Dhabi do not have to take a test.
- Children under the age of 12 who are travelling to Dubai do not have to take a test.
- Apart from this, everyone else needs to undergo a PCR test within 48 hours after travel.
Travelling To India
- You do not need to undergo a PCR test if you are completely vaccinated and have a vaccination certificate obtained in India. Complete all doses of vaccine 15 days before travel, – Take a PCR test within 72 hours of your flight if you don’t have a vaccination certificate obtained in India.
- PCR testing isn’t mandatory for those under the age of five.
- All essential documentation must be uploaded to the Air Suvidha portal, including a self-declaration form.
- Only asymptomatic passengers will be able to board the plane.
- Passengers should download the Aarogya Setu app from India.
- The thermal screening will happen at Indian airports.
- Expect random PCR testing on arrival. They can leave after collection of samples.