How much do you know about Iceland really? Let me guess! That it’s really cold. Igloos probably come from Iceland and it’s somewhere up North! But that’s not all this beautiful, expensive country has to offer. Here are 13 things that will blow your mind about Iceland.
1. Icelanders love sheep – not for the wool but for their head. TO EAT IT! They love sheep head and especially the eyes.
2. Beer was considered illegal in Iceland until 1989! Incidentally, they now celebrate March 1 as beer day. Their favourite beer is whale beer which is beer infused with dried whale testicles.
3. Icelandic women are rumoured to be the most beautiful in the world. They’ve already won Miss World 4 times!
4. Reykjavík is home to 60% of the Icelandic population
5. Icelanders are said to be the worst parkers across the world
6. Iceland is rewriting their constitution and taking feedback from it’s citizens via Facebook. They can even make alterations. Their democracy is also the oldest in the world – established in 930.