The year 2023 was mostly about crime thrillers, wasn’t it? Well, it looks like the craze is being passed on to 2024 and I will start with a bang. We’re all die-hard fans of the sheer talent and perfection that Manoj Bajpayee and Konkana Sensharma bring to the table. Now, imagine them on screen together; that is the theatrical epitome right there. We got a sneak peek into how wonderful that company is in the Killer Soup trailer and we have all been going gaga over it. To add some flavour to all the waiting for the premiere, Konkana Sensharma generously dropped a SOUP-erb recipe you need to try. Read on for the exclusive recipe!
The OG Killer Soup
The trailer says the gripping story of this series is ‘very very loosely’ based on a ‘very very loose headline’ and it already has us tied to our seats. Looking for a backstory? Well, back in 2017, a Telangana woman murdered her husband of three years and used mutton soup, the OG ‘Killer Soup’, to do it. While that deadly recipe doesn’t interest us as much, Konkana Sensharma was gracious enough to share with us an amazing recipe she swears by.
Konkana Sensharma’s Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan (optional, or more to your liking)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, or more to your liking)
- Chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Start by placing a pot of water on heat, once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Before draining the pasta, set aside 1 ½ cups of cooking water.
- Approximately 4 minutes after adding the pasta to the boiling water, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until it reaches a gentle golden brown. It typically takes about 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure to reduce the heat if needed to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Once the garlic has begun to brown, introduce the red pepper flakes (if desired) and toss for approximately 30 seconds. If the pasta isn’t prepared yet, remove the pan from the heat until the pasta is cooked.
- If you took the pan off the heat, reapply medium heat after draining the cooked pasta. Whisk the saved pasta water into the prepared oil and simmer until the liquid reduces by roughly one-third.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir until it is thoroughly coated in the sauce and cooked to your preferred level. Turn off the heat, and if using, add the Parmesan and parsley. Toss once more to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Let the pasta sit for a couple of minutes to absorb the sauce. Optionally, enhance the dish with extra Parmesan and red pepper flakes on the side.
The crime thriller series is due to premiere on Netflix from January 11 onwards, and this recipe will be just perfect to add extra flavour to the streaming sessions with your friends.
Cover Image Courtesy: Press Release
For more such snackable content, interesting discoveries and latest updates on food, travel and experiences in your city, download the Curly Tales App. Download HERE.
Good news! We are on WhatsApp! Subscribe to Curly Tales WhatsApp Channel to stay up-to-date with exclusive content and BTS. Join HERE.