As per the latest announcement of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, all shops in the Capital can be open now. However, the markets and market complexes will be allowed to operate only on an odd-even basis. In other words, only half of the shops will open on a particular day. The other half will open on the next day. But the shops that sell essential items will have permissions to operate every day. All standalone stores and shops in residential complexes can start their businesses. However, the malls will still remain shut. These rules are a part of the updated guidelines for the lockdown extended till 31st May, 2020. The government has eased restrictions for transportation as well.
The Chief Minister has declared all the relaxations and necessary guidelines that the Delhiites need to follow after the extended lockdown. The details are as follows:
- All schools, colleges, coaching institutes and training institutes will remain closed now.
- All hotels, cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, salons, spas, entertainment parks, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, religious places and shopping malls will remain closed.
- No social, political, religious or cultural gatherings will be permitted.
- People cannot step out of their houses from 7 PM to 7 AM.
- Restaurants can open up, but only for home delivery.
- Sports complexes can open up, but no spectators will be allowed.
- Autos, e-rickshaws and cycle rickshaws can operate with only one passenger.
- Cabs, Grameen Sewa vehicles can operate with two passengers.
- Buses can carry a maximum of 20 passengers. Every passenger needs to undergo thermal screening before boarding the bus.
- Maxi cabs can operate with 5 passengers.
- The car operators should ensure to disinfect the vehicles once all the passengers deboard.
- Carpooling and car sharing won’t be allowed.
- Not more than four persons will be able to travel inside four-wheelers.
- Pillion riding is not permitted.
- Metro services will be shut.
- Markets and market complexes will operate on an odd-even basis.
- Industries can open up in a staggered manner.
- Only workers residing in Delhi can take part in construction activities.
- Weddings can have a maximum of 50 people, and only 20 people can be present in funerals.
लॉकडाउन 4 में दिल्ली में क्या क्या छूठ दी जाएगी – https://t.co/VjxNNSDieE
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) May 18, 2020
The above relaxations do not apply for the containment zones. Only essential services will be allowed in these regions. It is mandatory for every people moving out to wear masks. Health workers and sanitization staffs will be able to commute across state borders. Inter-state travel will also be allowed for empty and loaded cargo trucks.
Also Read: Delhi Metro Stations To Look Like This Now
These relaxations are going to bring much relief to our lives, and we will finally be able to move a bit beyond surviving absolutely on the ‘essentials’. However, the number of cases is still on the rise, therefore, it is best to continue adhering to the safety measures as much as possible.